TBH SeekOne & Catman aren’t the problem

Whitetaillane8

I joined this forum in the heyday - back when bsk was active and catman was literally asking how to hunt deer.

When the multiple TN Deer Hunter Facebook groups started, I left this place and never looked back—except for the classifieds a few times.

The FB groups have grown to a bunch of out of state transplants who can't hunt TN deer. I have found myself checking these forums more in the last week than I have in the last 7 years.

Outside looking in: Y'all sound like a bunch of disgruntled old men who are insecure about younger dudes killing bigger bucks.

Who cares if Seek One hunts deer in driveways? Our farmland is shrinking nationally, what if their videos are the Andy Griffith equivalent to kids generationally being pro hunting? In the world of pronouns and propaganda, these guys have a bigger microphone than anyone in introducing the next generation of hunters.

Y'all want to shame them? GTFO. That's ignorant.

This forum can reboot itself, but not like this.
You should just stick to your highly intelligent FB groups.

Smells Like Sulfur

I'm new to hunting, new to this state (moved here to vote and stay red, btw), and new to this forum.

Everybody here has been incredibly helpful, and I've learned a lot. Nobody has tried to make me feel like I'm "lesser than" for any of that.

Some of the political conversations get pretty heated, but if you stay on the hunting topics, I think most of the forum members have similar interests.

I've had a completely different experience on this forum then you have apparently.

timberjack86

images.jpeg

Setterman

I'm new to hunting, new to this state (moved here to vote and stay red, btw), and new to this forum.

Everybody here has been incredibly helpful, and I've learned a lot. Nobody has tried to make me feel like I'm "lesser than" for any of that.

Some of the political conversations get pretty heated, but if you stay on the hunting topics, I think most of the forum members have similar interests.

I've had a completely different experience on this forum then you have apparently.
Come over and visit us on the turkey section, then tell me if I made you feel lesser than 🤣🤣🤣

redblood

To the original title of this thread- you are correct! They are not the problem. They are just guys with a camera that would rather hunt than punch a clock. The problem is the people who watch them, subscribe to them and wear their merchandise. This enables them to reach the masses and become a representation of hunters as a whole- which does not bode well for our sport. I am specifically talking about Seek ones antics (not so much Catman). We need to separate ourselves from those who hug line of fair chase, ethical harvest and in some cases legal harvest. They can only become leaders if we are willing to march behind them.

Last edited:

Latest posts