Beginning to feel like Catman....

Mag

2-Step Enabled
There's a doe with baby that I've let pass three times recently and this morning they came wandering in again except this time being trailed by an 8pt. I was waiting for her to pass by before raising my rifle.... you probably know where this story is going....so anyway, as I'm raising up my rifle she starts blowing at me obviously alerting the buck. So the doe, the buck and four other deer that I didn't even see took off running. No more passes for nosey nannie and as Catman says, "if she blows she goes".
..... after the hunt I checked my cameras as I knew he was on them and he's not quite as large as he appeared from the stand! Think he needs to grow some.

catman529

Zero tolerance for that crap lol.... I messed up last weekend on a draw hunt, let a really nosy doe walk twice because I was hoping to kill a bonus buck. The final evening of the hunt I was gonna shoot a doe, and of course that's the one time I didn't see a deer.

Bushape

Some of my favorite hunts are having a doe with fawns slip under my stand and I'm not detected. That is a very successful hunt in my book.
I went Thanksgiving day in the rain and preped a spot and even raked the leaves back for a 15 yard trail to walk to my tree. Hung my climber the next morning and took a leak right on my trail before climbing the tree. Getting ready to call it quits and here comes a doe and fawn beebopping right at me. Stops right under me and looks up at me. Both of them spend 5 minutes under me before eazing off downwind of me. Crazy how things like that happen without incident and the next time you hunt 6 deer from .25 mile away wind you and go crazy.

catman529

Some of my favorite hunts are having a doe with fawns slip under my stand and I'm not detected. That is a very successful hunt in my book.
They're extra cautious in the early season with their little ones. I don't know if it's just me, but they seem dumber during gun season.

Latest posts