best climber stands

mike243

Be very aware of dead tree's , had 1 fall 50y from me and a buddy setting in a 2 man ladder stand, no wind or reason, just its time,loose bark leaning and hickys can all cause pain 😉 🤣

Lost Lake

Be very aware of dead tree's , had 1 fall 50y from me and a buddy setting in a 2 man ladder stand, no wind or reason, just its time,loose bark leaning and hickys can all cause pain 😉 🤣
This is something to really pay attention to. Also make sure the one you're gonna climb is good and alive, without any dead limbs hanging above you that can fall.

SES

For years I used the Ol'Man brand. Switched to Summit for years then back to Ol'Man. Both were great stands. I felt like once in the tree, the summit was more comfortable. But while climbing and descending, I found he Ol"Man easier and just felt safer in it. The Summit was a bit lighter.
I love the ol'Man climbers. The foot rest is far enough from the stand that you can actually stretch out. A youngster's feet might not be able to reach the foot rest though. I had a summit and the seat didn't seem deep enough to get comfortable. You know you have an ol'Man when you're carrying it in though. Fairly heavy.

SES

This is something to really pay attention to. Also make sure the one you're gonna climb is good and alive, without any dead limbs hanging above you that can fall.
I'm my youth, that is, my mid twenties, I climbed up the only straight tree big enough to climb. It was a walnut tree. I should have worn a helmet. Walnuts started pouring off it when the wind got up a little bit. Live and learn.

akachuck

Yikes, that wouldn't be good AT ALL! Thanks for scaring me now papaw 😂. FYI that wasn't me 😂

Invmp12

since I'll be hunting public for the first time this year, I'd like to get a climber that is easy to use and AFFORDABLE, only reason I'm looking for one is because I can't shoot a bow from a pop up blind or the ground. I know hardy anything about them since I've never used one. Also feel free to give any tips on how to use them etc. Thanks ya'll!

Forgot to add, I'm little but not rem270 little. something that aint to heavy, I can handle the weight and the long hikes. somewhere between 50-100 pounds maybe?
Summit
since I'll be hunting public for the first time this year, I'd like to get a climber that is easy to use and AFFORDABLE, only reason I'm looking for one is because I can't shoot a bow from a pop up blind or the ground. I know hardy anything about them since I've never used one. Also feel free to give any tips on how to use them etc. Thanks ya'll!

Forgot to add, I'm little but not rem270 little. something that aint to heavy, I can handle the weight and the long hikes. somewhere between 50-100 pounds maybe?
Summit by far. Aluminum with dead metal fill. These are by far the best to hold a tree. The Ol'Man aluminum is my second choice.

Chase-n-tail

I use a summit viper. I see All telling you about harness and drop lines but the first thing I do when I get to the hight I want is I ratchet strap the top of the climber around the tree.

Latest posts