SUMMIT VIPER STEEL CLIMBER QUESTIONS

C1295

Anyone have the summit viper steel Climber? Pros Cons? Looking at maybe purchasing one. How bad or good is it too pack in?

hillbillyfab

Hit Gator up for that deal. If and when you decide you want to give swap back, find you an aluminum climber. You didn't state what weapon you'd be using. I sure do like a climber without the bar/rest in front of me, but the majority of the time I'm bow hunting.

Last edited:

C1295

Hit Gator up for that deal. If and when you decide you want to give swap back, find you an aluminum climber. You didn't state what weapon our be using. I sure do like a climber without the bar/rest in front of me, but the majority of the time I'm bow hunting.
Crossbow, muzzleloader, possibly a Slug gun.

rem270

I've got an aluminum Viper that at the time was supposedly the lightest summit made I'd part with. But we're a ways away. It had the mesh style seat and I replaced it with the original summit seat they make. Honestly I left it on a tree last year and never went back and got it. I need to get it down this weekend tho. I just hardly ever use a climber.

Crappieaddict

I have one, and it's heavy…thinking a bit north of 30 lbs. I use it on my small property by already having it where I want to climb. I doubt I would want to walk many miles with it on my back. That being said, it's way more comfortable to sit in than a ladder stand, but that's probably true for the aluminum as well.

Harold Money jr

I have both, somehow we all managed to get along fine in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's with the steel ones. The steel will do you fine esp if you're hunting within 1/2 mile of the truck or sidexside. Every one now a days thinks they are walking miles to their stands up and down mountains for days on end in knee deep snow. Reality most folks' couple dozen acre wood lot is not that far across. Others end up leaving their aluminum or steel stand still hooked to the tree. Good luck.

TN Larry

Pros- it's a summit
Cons- it's heavy.

Find a used aluminum viper
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

jman 125

I have one and to be honest and some will think im crazy but to me its not heavy at all and i will walk up down several hills and i just dont notice it. If you have a back pack full of stuff you need to weigh it and i will almost promise you it will weigh close to what the stand weighs and most will gladly tote it every day and not notice it

CliffordN

I have one and to be honest and some will think im crazy but to me its not heavy at all and i will walk up down several hills and i just dont notice it. If you have a back pack full of stuff you need to weigh it and i will almost promise you it will weigh close to what the stand weighs and most will gladly tote it every day and not notice it
You will notice it when you add the back pack...

DMD

Also, I highly recommend getting an aftermarket shoulder harness system with kidney belt. I bought one for my Summit and another even lighter stand I have. EVen with my backpack and clothes strapped to them, I can walk pretty much all day with it on my back, if needed. I bought this one and attached it with zip ties. I've carried them many miles, including the steep mountains.

Amazon product ASIN B01MY1YLJZ

FredRog72

With good backpack straps, it's okay but still heavy. I love mine. I would not want to carry it a mile in.

If I had it to do over, I'd get the aluminum version. When I bought mine a few years ago, the aluminum version was like finding hens teeth.

Latest posts