Summit viper vs equalizer

ScLowCountry

I am sick and tired of my heavy steel viper. It is too heavy and too bulky. It is at least 20 years old.

I have a tree walker for gun hunting. It's about as bulky and heavy as my old viper. I love it , but it's just not feasible for bow hunting.

The new buckshot equalizer is much lighter at 23 lb. Does anybody have any of the new equalizers. How do they compare to the viper ? I really like the fact that the equalizer has so many different ways you can sit. You can also fold down the shooting rail. Any real world experiences or even better yet a comparison.

Gobble4me757

I've enjoyed my equalizer though it still is heavy and bulky. I took the seat off as it was lound and put that light mesh seat in it. I use a small lil fold up pad that I have in my pack that makes it real comfy. I can't speak to the viper though as I've never tried.

CHRIS WILSON

Get a new viper that's aluminum if you like the one you have except for the weight.
Agree with Gravey. Unless you're just a really big guy, take a look at the Summit Mini Viper. It's a bit more compact and a few pounds lighter than the regular, aluminum Viper SD. Published weight for the mini Viper is 18 pounds. I started out with the regular Viper SD and went to the Mini Viper two seasons ago. Ended up selling the regular Viper SD and keeping the mini. I'm 6' tall, 185 pounds and it just packs and carries so much better for me than the full size Viper SD.

Rackseeker

I have a Summit Viper Elite SD , the round aluminum tube stand with the mesh seat. I added a shooting rail for use during rifle season. It weighs right at 16 lbs. With XOP straps it carries nicey long distances.

Latest posts