Bama fans aren't used to reading stuff like this!

7mm08

Attachments

• IMG_2463.jpeg
    IMG_2463.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 27

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Looked to me like he grabbed the off arm to hold it in place while putting his whole weight on him. There was plenty of opportunity to not drive that shoulder into the ground the way he did, we see it every game. This was done to hurt him. But it is football, not tiddlywinks.

Spurhunter

Looked to me like he grabbed the off arm to hold it in place while putting his whole weight on him. There was plenty of opportunity to not drive that shoulder into the ground the way he did, we see it every game. This was done to hurt him. But it is football, not tiddlywinks.
EXACTLY! And this guy is a thug. He did the same thing several times last year.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
EXACTLY! And this guy is a thug. He did the same thing several times last year.
When I watched it the first time I thought no big deal, but then when I saw the slowmo a few times it was obvious to me that he grabbed that arm and held it against Ewers side while putting all his weight on him to the point he bounced off of him. He could have not done that easily in my humble armchair Purdue Boilermaker fan opinion.

Bone Collector

So the real question is which TENNESSEE WR will have 5 TDs against them this year.
The real question is can Joe Milton deliver the ball and not overthrow wide open WRs. This is my biggest question for the season.

reports suggest he looks pretty good, so lets hope that continues. That being said, he still has to show me for me to believe.

Spurhunter

The real question is can Joe Milton deliver the ball and not overthrow wide open WRs. This is my biggest question for the season.

reports suggest he looks pretty good, so lets hope that continues. That being said, he still has to show me for me to believe.
He was the dadgum MVP of the Orange Bowl for crying outside! Seriously though, I agree. He has to improve his accuracy. I think his no interceptions last year was really impressive but his accuracy was suspect. I'm optimistic. Like I say, I drank the kool-aid.

PillsburyDoughboy

I don't see anything malicious about that play. Just a football player trying to make a football play.
Like a big rig truck. Cannot stop on a dime. Once in forward motion like that his momentum just carried him into the play. rules are rules I get that but nothing malicious about it unless your a hater.

BamaProud

Naahhh people write about the demise of Alabama football, Saban retiring, end of the dynasty, program ending sanctions, loss of talent to the NFL, recruiting violations, etc.... every year.

Everybody wants Bama to fall off their pedistle

PillsburyDoughboy

Naahhh people write about the demise of Alabama football, Saban retiring, end of the dynasty, program ending sanctions, loss of talent to the NFL, recruiting violations, etc.... every year.

Everybody wants Bama to fall off their pedistle
Haters gonna hate. All I hear is how much they wish they were as good as ALABAMA

PalsPal

I don't know…… check in with this guy !
View attachment 192146

LOL. I have to admit that I also hadn't been gulping the Milton Kool-aide and just slowly sipping. I was looking at the Orange Bowl as having weeks to prepare to get Joe ready, blah, blah, blah.

So, I rewatched some of the highlights from the Vandy game last year, because I really didn't remember much, to see how Joe did with a short time prepare. His numbers weren't gaudy, but he made some great, precise middle distance throws that had to be on time to hit the receiver in stride.

I really think that Heupel has worked his mechanical flaws out of him for the most part. To me, I'll be 100% sold when the pocket is breaking down, and instead of throwing an iffy ball, he tucks it and runs. That is what made Dobbs so good, and held Guarantano back. Know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em.

What was so funny about this article is it wasn't opinions. It was fact based on people who were watching the scrimmages. I hope they have a QB quadmire that lasts all season.