Bama fans aren't used to reading stuff like this!

PalsPal

But, I'm sure the czar will have it figured out ;) !

Another source said Simpson drove the length of the field on his first drive, but freshman Jalen Hale dropped what should've been a touchdown pass that would've capped off an impressive start. The offense then had to settle for a field goal.

That same source said that he thought all of the quarterbacks made good plays, but all of them had errors, too. "Tough to seperate between them." The source said there was a 4-5 minute stretch where the top four guys should've all had interceptions. According to him, Milroe looked the best amongst the quarterbacks — but it wasn't by much.
I will say this is the most praise I've seen regarding Buchner. We knew the Notre Dame transfer would take some time getting acclimated after arriving in the summer, and it seems that he's finally gotten comfortable in his new environment. We don't know where exactly he stands in this competition, but anyone who has officially ruled him out as an option was probably premature. He apparently made several impressive throws on Saturday, some of which were dropped. He also had some rough patches, but this is something to keep an eye on — even after the season gets underway.
Alabama fans will certainly be encouraged by the news regarding the quarterbacks, but that also means the defense — whether it be the first or second team — struggled to keep the passing game in check.

Drops continue to be a problem. Benson was a part of the first group, but he dropped what should've been an easy touchdown from Milroe after getting impressive separation. Niblack had a drop on what one source said was a "laser" from Lonergan.

Brooks then dropped a Buchner throw that would've gone for a decent chunk of yardage.

Even Robbie Ouzts, who typically has reliable hands, dropped a pass (not sure who the quarterback was on the throw though).
Bond also dropped what would've been a touchdown later on in the scrimmage. Obviously, this is becoming a significant concern as Week 1 approaches.

"There are too many drops," one source told BOL. "That's definitely a thing right now. It's strange though. There were too many drops, but I don't think any receiver had more than one."

Another thing to mention is that on each of the drops that would have been a touchdown, it sounds like the WRs were wide open. And add to the fact that they did not intercept balls that they could have makes me think that their DB issues will continue this year as well.

Bamamonts

From what I've heard and read it depends on who you talk to as to which qb does the best.
None of them have much experience but I think one or two will step up with game experience.
I'm hoping Ty Simpson wins the job but apparently it's racist not to hope Milroe wins the job. Either way I'll pull for whoever wins the job.
The receivers have been dropping balls since the A-Day game in the spring but I think it's getting better.
Most podcast and things I've read say the defense is pretty good. They say Caleb Downs is playing great.
I think the OL and running backs are playing great.
I'm ready for the season to start. I hope Bama can quite the nah sayers. Roll Tide!

Bamamonts

They will probably get a chance to play them all against MTSU. Last year MTSU was a decent team, but alabama is a 40 point favorite.
I agree. I think Texas will be tough week 2 after getting beat close last year. I hope they have the qb settled or mostly settled by then.

Bamamonts

I agree. I think Texas will be out for revenge, especially after Dallas Turner took Ewers out of the game on a dirty hit once bama figured out they couldn't stop him.
I hate he got hurt in that game and I'm glad he's recovered. The hit drew the flag but I didn't think he drove him into the ground like the ref said. I didn't think it was a dirty hit. Not saying it was a smart hit but I don't think dirty.
Bama was up 10-3 at that time and it was only his second drive of the game So I really wouldn't say Bama couldn't stop him but they did have their hands full up till that point. The secondary wasn't up to Bama standards last year. They seem to panic when the ball was in the air.

Spurhunter

it was only his second drive of the game So I really wouldn't say Bama couldn't stop him but they did have their hands full up till that point.
Ewers was 9 of 12 for 134 yards on 2 drives. He was shredding the alabama defense at will. Maybe they would've made adjustments and stopped him, but we'll never know. The only thing we know for sure is he was throwing on them at will until Turner took him out.

Spurhunter

I hate he got hurt in that game and I'm glad he's recovered. The hit drew the flag but I didn't think he drove him into the ground like the ref said. I didn't think it was a dirty hit. Not saying it was a smart hit but I don't think dirty.
It was a late hit, it was roughing the passer, and Turner had quite a few of those last year. I think he was a dirty player and loved hitting the QB whether it was legal or not. I think he absolutely saw a QB shredding the defense and wanted to take him out. We don't know what's in his head, but that's what I believe. I would like to think I would say the same thing if he was wearing orange.

Bamamonts

It was a late hit, it was roughing the passer, and Turner had quite a few of those last year. I think he was a dirty player and loved hitting the QB whether it was legal or not. I think he absolutely saw a QB shredding the defense and wanted to take him out. We don't know what's in his head, but that's what I believe. I would like to think I would say the same thing if he was wearing orange.
I agree it was a little late and he probably could have pulled up some but He didn't drive him into the ground. I said it wasn't a smart hit but I don't think he intended to hurt Ewers although I don't know what's in his head. I hope that's true but I don't know. They're expecting big things from him this year. Hopefully he plays smarter.

Spurhunter

I agree it was a little late and he probably could have pulled up some but He didn't drive him into the ground. I said it wasn't a smart hit but I don't think he intended to hurt Ewers although I don't know what's in his head. I hope that's true but I don't know. They're expecting big things from him this year. Hopefully he plays smarter.
I thought he got drafted but you're right. He's still there.

PalsPal

but I don't think he intended to hurt Ewers although I don't know what's in his head. I hope that's true but I don't know.

We're all naïve if we think that a defensive player doesn't want to knock an offensive player out of the game, as long as it's within the rules. I usually give someone a pass when it's the follow through of a tackle, like this one.

bowhunterfanatic

We're all naïve if we think that a defensive player doesn't want to knock an offensive player out of the game, as long as it's within the rules. I usually give someone a pass when it's the follow through of a tackle, like this one.

I don't see anything malicious about that play. Just a football player trying to make a football play.