Pruitt to be Bama DC?

PalsPal

Steele announced his retirement.

Makes you wonder if this was Saban's plan all along. There's only one plausible explanation how Pruitt is still allowed to coach in the SEC.

PalsPal

That's a blow to Bama. Steele was a good DC.

Can Pruitt coach in college? I thought he was banned for a few years or maybe has to be approved by the SEC or NCAA before hiring?

You are correct. I read an old article that was speculating and thought he had been cleared. I found another article that states this:

Pruitt was given a six-year show cause from the NCAA meaning if the Alabama Football program were to hire Pruitt, he would be suspended for his first season on the job unless the NCAA revisited his case. It's unlikely that Saban will hire Pruitt with his disgraced ending at Tennessee but, he may be hired in an analyst capacity.

prstide

Pruitt ain't gonna be at Alabama anytime soon. It was known Steele was going to retire. He only needed one more year to gain full retirement/pension from the State of Alabama. Came to help restore some of the basic fundamentals of Saban's defense after Pete Golding wrecked things for far too long. Travaris Robinson likely to take the reins. He's been the one making all the in game adjustments this season.

PillsburyDoughboy

Pruitt ain't gonna be at Alabama anytime soon. It was known Steele was going to retire. He only needed one more year to gain full retirement/pension from the State of Alabama. Came to help restore some of the basic fundamentals of Saban's defense after Pete Golding wrecked things for far too long. Travaris Robinson likely to take the reins. He's been the one making all the in game adjustments this season.
Spot on!

Hire Robinson then put Pruitt in a analyst position. Boom !

Latest posts