Oh no! LSU fans questioning the officiating at Bama!

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
The guy lunged head to head on a qb, giving him a concussion and no replay?? Ok
Having a difference of opinion is one thing but making things up is something entirely different. You really need to watch replay of this hit. The defender did not launch, his head was up, and initial contact was with the chest.

Just because the TV broadcast does not show a replay does not mean that the officials did not review in the booth.

PillsburyDoughboy

Having a difference of opinion is one thing but making things up is something entirely different. You really need to watch replay of this hit. The defender did not launch, his head was up, and initial contact was with the chest.

Just because the TV broadcast does not show a replay does not mean that the officials did not review in the booth.
Incidental Contact or a foul at best. But by rules definition it was probably targeting. Let me repeat that. By RULES DEFINITION. I do not think he intentionally tried to target him during the play. I was just incidental during the play. There was no reason to target the QB at that point in the game. LSWHO was allready beat and beat bad. There was no coming back.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Incidental Contact or a foul at best. But by rules definition it was probably targeting. Let me repeat that. By RULES DEFINITION. I do not think he intentionally tried to target him during the play. I was just incidental during the play. There was no reason to target the QB at that point in the game. LSWHO was allready beat and beat bad. There was no coming back.

Maybe, but it appeared to me that initial contact was chest to chest.

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul
(Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes
of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

• Launch. A player leaving their feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.

• A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.

• Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

• Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.

Bamamonts

I hate that Daniels got hurt and hope he's ok. He's a great qb and was playing his tail off. I hated he couldn't finish the game.
I have watched the hit several times and I think it was clean. That's JMHO.
I think it's ok to disagree about calls but I don't like blaming wins of losses on it. Bama had bad calls in that game as well but overcame them.
LSU played very hard that game and just came up short.

Latest posts