,22 question

Wildcat

I've had this Winchester model 190 22cal for a while and a few years ago I took it apart to clean it, I mean I took everything out like I do with most of my guns. Well I never have been able to get the spring back inside it. I was able to do it once before but I can't remember how I decrompressed the spring to be able to get it between the slide and the rear. I kept everything inside a ziplock bag and it's all there and clean.

Anybody have any ideas? Do I need some tool or what? I don't think it's worth paying a gunsmith to put that back together, it's just a cheap 22 that I keep around the farm.

Hogbear

http://www.swishercs.com/winchester/

The reassembly tip, if you don't want to download or read that big file goes like this:

When replacing the bolt spring and guide, use a small screwdriver to push in the spring, a few coils at a time, while keeping pressure on the guide to the rear. when the rear tip of the guide is in the spring hole, restrain the guide and spring with a tool or fingertip while inserting the bolt and bolt handle. Then, move the bolt back, being sure that the head of the guide engages the recess on the rear of the bolt.

.444 Marlin

Never dealt with that particular gun but if its anything like a marlin 60, its a freakin pain because for some reason, that spring likes to fly across the room when you aint got your hands on it.

Tiny

444marlin said:
Never dealt with that particular gun but if its anything like a marlin 60, its a freakin pain because for some reason, that spring likes to fly across the room when you aint got your hands on it.

LOL Springs seems like they have a mind of there own at times.

Latest posts