2020 Fort Campbell Season

medwc

I guess the lack of areas has but a damper on things??
Ya think?

The ol' 220 Savage killed another doe this morning in area 02. She was a big one but I forgot to take a photo and now she is on ice in a cooler. I did take a heart and liver shot so yall know what I'm having for dinner this afternoon. :p

Attachments

• 20201129_103432.jpg
    20201129_103432.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 112

Antler Daddy

I guess the lack of areas has but a damper on things??
Friday night I got in quick and saw an all white screen and chose 43b, hit the buttons and checkin only to get a pop up window that says that area is full...sorry about your luck. Never hunted in Dec. there and I am likely done with a hernia surgery scheduled for Pearl Harbor day.

So, for me personally, I was able to secure one hunt in Area 51.

Anybody know where the kill count stands?

Roost 1

Ya think?

The ol' 220 Savage killed another doe this morning in area 02. She was a big one but I forgot to take a photo and now she is on ice in a cooler. I did take a heart and liver shot so yall know what I'm having for dinner this afternoon. :p
I took 2 does Sat morning. Out of the 14 shots I counted in the area that morning GW said I was the only one to check in any deer. ‍♂️♂️

medwc

Friday night I got in quick and saw an all white screen and chose 43b, hit the buttons and checkin only to get a pop up window that says that area is full...sorry about your luck. Never hunted in Dec. there and I am likely done with a hernia surgery scheduled for Pearl Harbor day.

So, for me personally, I was able to secure one hunt in Area 51.

Anybody know where the kill count stands?
Are you saying you got 51 for that day or that is the only area you got all season?

medwc

I think around the 18th of November. Area 17 is what I heard. 6.5 inches at the bases!
Heck of a deer. I will take mass over pretty long even tall wide racks any day!!! Last year I seen one in area 20 kind of like that deer but not that much mass. Made me wonder right away if that was him. I never even got to hunt 20 this year so who knows what happened to him. Maybe next years buck. lol...:D

Antler Daddy

Are you saying you got 51 for that day or that is the only area you got all season?
Yes, 51 is the only area that I have been able to actually draw all season! I drew it for Sunday Nov 15 on an IPad on hotel WiFi while in Clarksville. I guess I got lucky after son got his buck in 20. It was real windy, so we only gave it till 11am.

I have tried to get a gun Buck area every weekend in Nov. and will give it one more shot tonight. Areas have not been announced yet, but I'm not sure I can make the 4 hour drive starting at 10:30 eastern pm for 49-52. I sure wish the online checkin was either at 7 or 24 hours out would be better. The bucks can't be moving as much anymore and there is probably 300 less bucks to hunt now. Not even sure what my strategy would be.

As a civilian, it is a big hassle to hunt there for sure. In 4 years, I have only been able to get a weekend area about 10 times and 1/2 of those were in 49-52. A couple more were late afternoon 1 hour hunts after I commuted to FC and then drove 45 mph for an hour back into Indian country. It is the long drive back out dodging spike bucks that keeps me coming back.

Antler Daddy

And just like that...3 spots available in 32...got one...check in...and voila... no spots and everythin* full by 10:01 eastern.

Attachments

• 7FC001EB-37D2-42CC-B52C-2EA8D7BC38FB.png
    7FC001EB-37D2-42CC-B52C-2EA8D7BC38FB.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 91

deerfever

People don't realize how hard it is for a civilian to get an area. Not complaining at all but I get cracked up when I hear someone say"I am going to the Fort this weekend". Reality hits them at 10 03 and all areas are full and you have nothing! Just part of it.

Antler Daddy

Deja vous....packed and son and I ready to go. Logged in and every area is open except 5. I chose 4, get it, then click confirm....wait...what that area is full! Click again just to make sure...get some message I've never seen before then the whole system crashes! Probably down 5 minutes...get back in, now 12 spots open, get in again and get 46.....confirm and then sorry that area is full...of course every area is full now.

Oh well, we will just drive to the 3rd day of GA Cohutta bear and buck hunt tomorrow. I would prefer to be walking into the bomb bunkers in area 4. My season is over.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Anyone knowledgeable about the area in the far NW corner? The area north and west of Patton Rd to Roaring Springs Rd on the north and hwy 139 on the west. We border some of that on both sides of Roaring Springs Rd (164) and have experienced a dramatic reduction in numbers coming from Ft. Campbell to our crop and plot fields. Trails worn deep into the hillside are barely disturbed this year. Deer / auto collisions are down a lot all along the NW border. We have cover crops and food plots that usually get slammed before now that are doing well and the trail cams are just not reflecting the numbers of years past. Easily a 80% drop in (this year vs the last 7 years) Ft. Campbell resident deer that usually feed on us. the rest of our area acreage is normal to higher buck numbers but this area has had dramatic change. Available food increase on Campbell or more training presence in this area than usual or maybe a hard hit by disease? we have seen little to no disease issues this year but have some in years past. just curious where a few hundred deer might have went.

Rakkin6

There was a while brigade out in the field training for a couple weeks so you had 3000 soldiers running around out there. I have not heard anything in regards to any health issues in the herd.