2020 Fort Campbell Season

medwc

I ain't seen it posted yet so here we go. Please don't post dumb ignorant stuff to get it closed down because I will just keep posting a new one(I only say this because every year some jackwagon ignorasshole[normally some none-hunting Fort liberal] does it and I will be amazed if it doesn't happen this year). Thanks and good luck to everyone this upcoming year. :moon:

medwc

Here is my 2019 buck mount.

Attachments

• 609534157.jpg
    609534157.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,856
  • 2019browtines.JPG
    2019browtines.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,676

medwc

The hunting areas are not even on the main base so I would assume that it will be open to all.

batten_down

I'll be hunting the fort this year. Really looking forward to this season as I learned a lot this off-season. Great buck medwc. Beautiful mount. Happen to put a tape on him? I'm guessing high 140s just looking at it? Great brow tines.

batten_down

Just putting this out there: My bro-in-law really looking forward to coming up this year to hunt. I'm advising him not to with all the unknowns surrounding the pandemic, and ongoing political turmoil, just too much uncertainty. That's just my opinion, it may help someone with their own decision to before they spend their time and money to make the trip.

medwc

Do we really have to go thru the top 10 reasons for civilians to NOT APPLY to hunt Fort Campbell?

Roost 1":1jamp7gt said:
I would expect another shut down...

Antler Daddy":1jamp7gt said:
I heard EHD is really killing a lot this year.

3. ???

You are not going to stop people that want a chance at a 150" plus buck!!!

Antler Daddy

medwc":1mqw65gq said:
I ain't seen it posted yet so here we go. Please don't post dumb ignorant stuff to get it closed down because I will just keep posting a new one(I only say this because every year some jackwagon ignorasshole[normally some none-hunting Fort liberal] does it and I will be amazed if it doesn't happen this year). Thanks and good luck to everyone this upcoming year. :moon:

That's funny! What have people posted?

Mr.Bro

Antler Daddy":3jm11jss said:
medwc":3jm11jss said:

That's funny! What have people posted?
Rookie?

medwc

lol, @ Rookie. I don't remember what all has been said over the years but it happens. There is this one guy that starts crap and then gets banned almost every year. Anyways... I am getting pumped already for the season. I'll probably burn myself out before it even gets starts.
:party:

Mr.Bro

medwc":31avlpk5 said:
lol, @ Rookie. I don't remember what all has been said over the years but it happens. There is this one guy that starts crap and then gets banned almost every year. Anyways... I am getting pumped already for the season. I'll probably burn myself out before it even gets starts.
:party:
Not you medwc.

Mr.Bro

Welcome Antler Daddy to the official 2020 Ft. Campbell thread. Rookie was meant to add a little humor.
Good group of guys here. Some you can believe and some im not so sure of. Most all hunt the camp a lot more than me so there is some good advice available.
Good luck!

medwc

batten_down":3o1qo5bu said:
Maybe some Super-Hunter will drag one out of a creek and pose with it like they did something... :pop:

Oh yeah, That was last year(I think, lol) and that got the Fort thread deleted. Not to open a can of worms but what was the real story on that?
I would ask AT hiker to chime in but it might get this thread closed. :pop:

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
MickThompson":tx4ggx92 said:
Do you think civilians will even be allowed on base with the virus going?

I work on Redstone Arsenal (RSA) in Huntsville, AL. Big Army has not shut RSA down to civilians (retired, contractors or Army civilians). That said you must wear a mask in any building on post; large meetings have become virtual meetings; tons of civilians and soldiers are working from home. At least parts of Outdoor Recreation, the Golf course is open. That said if things go big time bad with COVID this fall I bet all non essential personnel with be limited in access to RSA.