2020 Fort Campbell Season

medwc

Just curious how bad of a area is ta34
Joking with the sad face. This time of year.... any area can be hot. 34 is a small area but there always was a lot of does in it which means buck will be in there. Many years ago I had a big buck(maybe low 140s)run a doe by me 4 or 5 times. I am talking like 10 feet from me and I was on the ground. I tried to stop him but he didn't even acknowledge me. I had already tagged my buck that year or he would have stopped.

Ol’Brows

My boy got area 35 for the youth hunt. Is it a pretty good area? We've got his .223 lined in pretty good out to about 300 yards or so. Hopefully he won't have to shoot that far but you never know better safe than sorry.

medwc

My boy got area 35 for the youth hunt. Is it a pretty good area? We've got his .223 lined in pretty good out to about 300 yards or so. Hopefully he won't have to shoot that far but you never know better safe than sorry.
Uhmmm, No Rifles on the Fort unless they changed it this year for youths.

medwc

You know every area is open. Idk why they can't let people that usually hunt have more areas than the ones that get pounded every week.
Yeah, poor old area 10 is normally open every day of the season. It was my favorite area back in the day. :(

@fulldraw

Are you not familiar with the regs? Shotgun or muzzleloader only. I'm sure you're just messing around though.

Kyboy

Yeah, poor old area 10 is normally open every day of the season. It was my favorite area back in the day. :(
I know that's what I'm saying! Every youth season prior to this one is when they really started opening up areas. Always excited for this weekend

Ol’Brows

Uhmmm, No Rifles on the Fort unless they changed it this year for youths.
It says in the regs .223 or larger in specialized areas... My boy is small for his age and is afraid to shoot my slug gun. So I figured if we're gonna drive up all the way from South Georgia to deer hunt we better bring a gun he can shoot lights out with. Prob won't take long either the first 4 or 6 point that walks by us better watch out. Junior is a killer.

medwc

It says in the regs .223 or larger in specialized areas... My boy is small for his age and is afraid to shoot my slug gun. So I figured if we're gonna drive up all the way from South Georgia to deer hunt we better bring a gun he can shoot lights out with. Prob won't take long either the first 4 or 6 point that walks by us better watch out. Junior is a killer.
:rolleyes:

Antler Daddy

I am fairly confidant that you better leave that gun at home. I wish they would keep it as it is. Slugs and muzzleloaders keeps many people away and limits distance ....which has to improve the age structure and survivabiltiy.

Antler Daddy

Well, we have two 13 year olds that drew into TA-20. Both are shooting Savage 220's btw. Ha! This is another area that I have never drawn.

If anyone has some advice, shoot me a PM. I am starting to study the maps. Folks have been very helpful here in the past. We hope to keep the streak going!

Attachments

• IMG_6087.JPG
    IMG_6087.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_5839.JPG
    IMG_5839.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 287

Antler Daddy

I have never hunted 35, but it borders no man's land and I have seen several good bucks crossing the road there when I head back towards the Indian territories. :)

Hope all these adult chaperones can pass the physical fitness test they give at Kyle Lake during lunch.

Ol’Brows

I have never hunted 35, but it borders no man's land and I have seen several good bucks crossing the road there when I head back towards the Indian territories. :)

Hope all these adult chaperones can pass the physical fitness test they give at Kyle Lake during lunch.
I appreciate the info Antler Daddy. I'll have a talk with junior and see if he'll leave his hopped up .223 at home this weekend. I don't know how that'll go though, he likes that gun an awful lot. Last week after the election he dang near shot the neighbors border collie with it after he caught it pissin' on one of our Trump signs. Junior is a wild man.

Racknquack

I appreciate the info Antler Daddy. I'll have a talk with junior and see if he'll leave his hopped up .223 at home this weekend. I don't know how that'll go though, he likes that gun an awful lot. Last week after the election he dang near shot the neighbors border collie with it after he caught it pissin' on one of our Trump signs. Junior is a wild man.
Hahahahaha I don't even know what to say....

Latest posts