2020 Fort Campbell Season

medwc

So how did the Youth hunt go? I know some lucky kids had to slay a giant in the old ASP.

Pat Henry hunter

Well, the weather didn't cooperate too well for us at Fort Campbell this weekend. My daughter and I had area 21. This was our maiden voyage to the Fort. It was a hard zone to hunt off the ground with a youth. I think they should have allowed us to scout at least one weekend or day prior to the hunt. I had a couple of TN Deer members that were familiar w/our zone reach out to me personally to try to help me and my daughter out. For that I was most appreciative. We ended up hunting Saturday AM, PM and Sunday AM without seeing a deer. I had 3 different groups of hunters that I had to flag off on Saturday evening. This morning, the wind was blowing 25 and the rain was intense. We still had someone come in after light and park within a 100 yards of my truck. Wish I'd have gone into Indian territory and hunted the fire breaks in hindsight.

Rakkin6

Well, the weather didn't cooperate too well for us at Fort Campbell this weekend. My daughter and I had area 21. This was our maiden voyage to the Fort. It was a hard zone to hunt off the ground with a youth. I think they should have allowed us to scout at least one weekend or day prior to the hunt. I had a couple of TN Deer members that were familiar w/our zone reach out to me personally to try to help me and my daughter out. For that I was most appreciative. We ended up hunting Saturday AM, PM and Sunday AM without seeing a deer. I had 3 different groups of hunters that I had to flag off on Saturday evening. This morning, the wind was blowing 25 and the rain was intense. We still had someone come in after light and park within a 100 yards of my truck. Wish I'd have gone into Indian territory and hunted the fire breaks in hindsight.
Yeah the weather was rough this weekend. Felt like I was tree surfing all day yesterday. Sat for about 6 hours in 21 also didn't see squat. Found a nice rub though. Just grabbed it for perspective I am 6'2" about 200 so I have some decent size paws.

Attachments

• IMG_20201115_105259346.jpg
    IMG_20201115_105259346.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20201115_105309390.jpg
    IMG_20201115_105309390.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 129

Antler Daddy

They are either doing a ton of training… Buck and for kill numbers have been met, or they don't want us to hunt in the rut! I will gladly take area 44A or 47, but there is no way in the world that I will get in… May not even try.

Thank goodness my son got one last weekend!

Roost 1

They are either doing a ton of training… Buck and for kill numbers have been met, or they don't want us to hunt in the rut! I will gladly take area 44A or 47, but there is no way in the world that I will get in… May not even try.

Thank goodness my son got one last weekend!
Pics or it didn't happen..... have you changed your user name??

Kyboy

Youth and post commander hunts were last weekend. Quail special ed starts this weekend.
The first two are fine I am all for them. But dang wait till after Thanksgiving for the bird seasons, the deer areas have been really scarce this year.

deerfever

My guess is the quail rut is on and they want to make sure they get plenty of opportunities! It's not like they get to hunt through February or something and the deer rut is only a few weeks in it's prime in November. I am trying to figure out the doe areas? So they have met the quota of bucks or something? People who have killed their buck go in them? I learned a long time ago, just accept whatever and move forward because you will never figure it out! I am just thankful if I get in once a year to hunt and try to enjoy it if I do get in for one day.

Rakkin6

My guess is the quail rut is on and they want to make sure they get plenty of opportunities! It's not like they get to hunt through February or something and the deer rut is only a few weeks in it's prime in November. I am trying to figure out the doe areas? So they have met the quota of bucks or something? People who have killed their buck go in them? I learned a long time ago, just accept whatever and move forward because you will never figure it out! I am just thankful if I get in once a year to hunt and try to enjoy it if I do get in for one day.
Yeah they met the buck quota for that specific area so they move it to doe only for the rest of the year. I have been hunting on Fort Campbell about 21 years and still haven't figured some of the decisions that are made. I mean they shut down turkey season last year because of COVID. It was online check in and how could I be further away from anyone then in the woods by myself. But whatever I just roll with the punches.

medwc

I'm glad I got in and killed on my 1st day on post! Geez what in the world with the areas! Dang that's rough
I HAD been rethinking about my early buck kill and wishing I had not pulled the trigger because you can't kill 150'+ deer if you kill 135' deer). lol, Not rethinking it so much anymore. LBL has not been very worthwild but at least I am in the woods and deer hunting. Hopefully this coming weekend will open up for yall.

And speaking of LBL....

Got tired of passing does almost every sit up there. So around 0930 am this one came back by a second time this morning. She spotted me this time at about 32 yards. She decideds to stand there(broadside) blowing and stomping for 30 seconds or so. I then decide it is finally time to bloody the PSE Evoke. Sooo... I did.

Attachments

• 20201124_102900.jpg
    20201124_102900.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Latest posts