2020 Fort Campbell Season

medwc

Rakkin6":28b14u4s said:
I did some field scouting and saw some nice deer also.
I know there is way to much corn out there. I rather see bean fields for bucks.

Rakkin6

Yeah I only found 2 bean fields, now I didn't drive up and down every single road all the way out to TA 50 or anything. I wonder when the corn is getting cut this year? It seems like in years past they started cutting it about the 2nd week of September.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

Any of you that hunt Fort Campbell have any luck finding slugs anywhere? I have some and in theory should be good but would love to find some more if possible. Thanks in advance and if I come across any I will let you guys know also.

medwc

Rakkin6":29b4lao7 said:
Any of you that hunt Fort Campbell have any luck finding slugs anywhere? I have some and in theory should be good but would love to find some more if possible. Thanks in advance and if I come across any I will let you guys know also.

12 or 20ga? Budsgunshop had REM Accutips a couple days ago. Shotgun slug/sabot ammo avaibility is definitely low right now. I just bought a Savage 212 accufit just because I had so much ammo for a 12 ga. The ammo is 5 years old but has been in a ammo box(in a dry closet) the whole time. If for some reason it is not good then I have a savage 20 ga also with 1 year old ammo from last season.

Rakkin6

I shoot a 12, I saw some Remington Accutips on Cabela's also. I have 2 slug guns a Savage 212 and have Accutips for it but I also have a Benelli SBE 2 that loves Winchester Partition Gold.

I was just going through my ammo and actually found 4 boxes of the old Federal Barnes expanders with the blue tips. That's what I shot out of my Benelli before the Partition Gold's and they shoot good also. So I will use those if need be.

I was talking to the owner of Clarksville Guns and Archery the other day about the ammo shortage and he was saying that the companies actually don't even have the materials to make the ammo right now. Since everyone started buying up the ammo they are just behind the curve between the virus/riots/Biden. Just actually surprised that slugs got gobbled up.

Roost 1

Rakkin6":1rq6cxin said:
I shoot a 12, I saw some Remington Accutips on Cabela's also. I have 2 slug guns a Savage 212 and have Accutips for it but I also have a Benelli SBE 2 that loves Winchester Partition Gold.

I was just going through my ammo and actually found 4 boxes of the old Federal Barnes expanders with the blue tips. That's what I shot out of my Benelli before the Partition Gold's and they shoot good also. So I will use those if need be.

I was talking to the owner of Clarksville Guns and Archery the other day about the ammo shortage and he was saying that the companies actually don't even have the materials to make the ammo right now. Since everyone started buying up the ammo they are just behind the curve between the virus/riots/Biden. Just actually surprised that slugs got gobbled up.

Pm coming your way

Rakkin6

Roost 1":3htastss said:
Rakkin6":3htastss said:

Pm coming your way
Thank you for the help.

Rakkin6

Well I got an answer in regards to the rifle areas on post. It is only going to be for active duty and it will only be on the ranges. And it can not interfere with training of any sort. So just a regular year for me sorry if I bursted anyone's bubble.

Rakkin6

I will be honest I just rerited and am 100% disabled so never really looked at the civilian numbers. Wish I could be more help. And side by sides are allowed to grab deer out you just need to follow the same regs has 4 wheelers. I.E. using fire breaks etc

Rakkin6

It seems like things started changing back a couple years ago when they went to online check-in. Just looked at the number and it seems like me being a 100% disabled vet I am entitled to half the areas has active duty and civilians are entitled to half of what I can get. I know a lot of my old counterparts from 5th group are getting ready to head out and there is a brigade deploying.

Rakkin6

Looks about right to me I just looked at the numbers for each are by category and did some hillbilly math lol. I saw that they got rid of 00D this year also.