2020 Fort Campbell Season

AT Hiker

medwc":6paimiqq said:
batten_down":6paimiqq said:
Maybe some Super-Hunter will drag one out of a creek and pose with it like they did something... :pop:

Oh yeah, That was last year(I think, lol) and that got the Fort thread deleted. Not to open a can of worms but what was the real story on that?
I would ask AT hiker to chime in but it might get this thread closed. :pop:

My attorney has advised me to direct all questions to Roost. :lol:

@fulldraw

AT Hiker":g5fuzsnt said:
medwc":g5fuzsnt said:
batten_down":g5fuzsnt said:
Maybe some Super-Hunter will drag one out of a creek and pose with it like they did something... :pop:

Oh yeah, That was last year(I think, lol) and that got the Fort thread deleted. Not to open a can of worms but what was the real story on that?
I would ask AT hiker to chime in but it might get this thread closed. :pop:

My attorney has advised me to direct all questions to Roost. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

medwc

@fulldraw":2bdbe3jo said:
Still waiting for my invite, Medwc. :poke:

lol... I got Alzheimer's on the who, what and when of so called invite.

So was the deer a roadkill or what? :poke:

Why was it so hush hush, just spill the beans on it!!!

:pop:

RikkiV

oldmanelrod":2fkimlkr said:
medwc":2fkimlkr said:
oldmanelrod":2fkimlkr said:
I work on Redstone Arsenal (RSA) in Huntsville, AL.
Do they kill many big racked deer down there?
They a few every year.

There are some quality deer that get killed each year. I have a friend who hunts there and I always joke with him that I need to change professions just so I can hunt there.

JMissing0321

New cam reg is out for hunting on isportsman... these two changes will have an effect.

Attachments

• B151424C-F334-491C-8DC2-2316D0E8175C.jpeg
    B151424C-F334-491C-8DC2-2316D0E8175C.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 689

Rakkin6

I am a little confused on the rifle hunting. Is it saying that rifle hunting will be allowed during Kentucky and Tennessee rifle seasons only? Typically bow/shotgun/muzzleloader all open the same day just certain areas are for each weapons system.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

Yeah I talked to Jeremy and Jon on Tuesday and they said they are good to go. Everything will just be done online has far has permits and weapons registration. Also check in of game is all online through the ISPORTSMAN app.

Roost 1

I don't think any civs will be rifle hunting... I also heard that only 1 person will be allowed in any area open to rifle.
We will see how this plays out. The CSM is an avid hunter and a very logical guy, this is a huge plus for everyone.
Lots of rule changes and violations with less than 60 day suspensions can't be appealed, so I expect several will be on the sidelines early..

Rakkin6

Yeah I read through the whole updated reg today. I am fine with sticking to my shotgun and bow. If I can get a rifle area I will get one. Going to sight my .270 and .35 Remington in just to be safe, that way I have my rifle shotgun and bow ready to go for any opportunity. Also no more natural scents are allowed. You can use synthetics if you want to. And looking at the seasons it looks like the turkey season is going to start later next year. I was on post today and went by the check in station/outdoor rec building but didn't make cantaxt with anyone.

Roost 1

Rakkin6":2ugle8hn said:
Yeah I read through the whole updated reg today. I am fine with sticking to my shotgun and bow. If I can get a rifle area I will get one. Going to sight my .270 and .35 Remington in just to be safe, that way I have my rifle shotgun and bow ready to go for any opportunity. Also no more natural scents are allowed. You can use synthetics if you want to. And looking at the seasons it looks like the turkey season is going to start later next year. I was on post today and went by the check in station/outdoor rec building but didn't make cantaxt with anyone.

Several of the rule changes have been needed. The initial ideal of rifle hunts was for DAV only, only on the ranges in the small arms impact, only in designated, pre-determined stand locations. Not sure now how these hunts are going to be conducted but in my opinion they won't be any more successful than the contonement area hunts, as far as the taking of trophy class bucks is concerned. Too many limitations to be very successful..but it does sound good.

Rakkin6

Yeah I am a retiree and 100% DAV also. We will see. Like I said I am perfectly content with just going with the Old Slug Gun and my bow.

Rakkin6

I am going to try to get the letter from DPW to drive my ATV to my hunting area. Also saw the lifetime suspension in regards to assault/harassment to DPW workers, I didn't know that they were having issues with this.

medwc

Rakkin6":xgzsbuuj said:
Also saw the lifetime suspension in regards to assault/harassment to DPW workers, I didn't know that they were having issues with this.

I am sure some of those guys catch some BS from pissed off hunter from time to time. I know, first hand, the head of that place(forget his name) is a complete a-hole for no reason. He acts like he is the CSM and we are all his troops, lol. I see some people getting a suspension just because he is in a pissy mood. Sad really, SMH.

I am going to scout this year and try to find a velvet buck. Probably won't happen but I will try.

medwc

@fulldraw":21u8cq0d said:
You know FC starts the 26th, right? :pain: Sorry, I'm so full of crap.

Nope, I figured 3rd weekend of Sept. I know most fort bucks have shed velvet by then but hunters still kill velvet bucks every year. I will scout anyways for something to do. Retirement plus the Kung pow virus doesn't leave me with much to do these days. I did see two good bachelor groups this evening. I ain't worth a crap at field judging bucks but two of the bucks had to be over 140".

Latest posts