Would Butch bail on the vols?

easy45

gator-n-buck said:
Not a chance... Mich. will not hire a coach with back to back below .500 seasons.

Probably right but it would worry me if Michigan struck out a few times and liked the recruiting abilities of Jones.

BamaProud

TeamMainStreet

BamaProud said:
TeamMainStreet said:
Hangnail said:
It ain't hard to fall in love with somewhere else when home is Cincinnati. WTH is a bearcat anyway? I'm thinking tigerpigeon would scare people more.

I've gotta ask since you brought this up. What exactly is a " Crimson Tide" and why would an elephant be used as it's mascot? Legitimate question.

Let me Google that for you. Click here:

University of Alabama Traditions; Crimson Tide and the Elephant

Oh you thought I actually cared. My bad

Mudbone

farmin68 said:
darn2ten said:
farmin68 said:
Loosely quoting Butch Jones when asked months ago about the Michigan job -

'Tennessee is my dream job. This is where I want to be, and I want to stick around and see the benefits of our hard work. I want it to be my last stop.'
Certainly not saying he's going anywhere, but that right there is 100% coach speak. What's he gonna say, I can think of plenty of coaches that have said things like that today and be gone tomorrow. Don't think he's going to Michigan though.

he fell in love with the idea of the UT job when his Cincinnati team played in Neyland a few years ago.
Is that when he was beat by Dooley? The last ut coach that beat vandy?

Mudbone

For Vandy it IS massive. Not as massive as bama's 8, or floridas 10, but I will hold those wins close to my heart. They were the good ole days.

leader

BamaProud said:
TeamMainStreet said:
Hangnail said:
It ain't hard to fall in love with somewhere else when home is Cincinnati. WTH is a bearcat anyway? I'm thinking tigerpigeon would scare people more.

I've gotta ask since you brought this up. What exactly is a " Crimson Tide" and why would an elephant be used as it's mascot? Legitimate question.

Let me Google that for you. Click here:

University of Alabama Traditions; Crimson Tide and the Elephant

Actually interesting, although I really don't care myself....

Hangnail

Why would you ask a question like you wanted an answer, then break out the attitude when someone tries to help you better yourself? Today's high schoolers had to learn from someone, now we know.

TeamMainStreet

Hangnail said:
Why would you ask a question like you wanted an answer, then break out the attitude when someone tries to help you better yourself? Today's high schoolers had to learn from someone, now we know.

Better myself? Some crap history about Alabama, a state that I have no use for, a team that I do not pull for and of whose fan base I can't really tolerate. How do I better myself by reading that. The question I asked was return fire about the post in which you made basically asking the same question about what a Cincinatti Bearcat is. The legitimate question remark at the end was just to draw you out, which worked like a charm BTW. If I had really wanted to know the answer I would have done what BamaProud did in the first place.

Judging by reading your posts, I'm not the only one high schoolers these days are learning from. They are getting a good old Bammer education too no less.

Hangnail

The vols have been getting a "Bammer" education eight years running. It ain't lookin' good for anything different either. Cincinnati appreciates your concern too.

You can't "draw out" someone just looking for the nightly sparring.

TeamMainStreet

I really could care less if the Vols lose to Bama for the next 100 years or if Bama loses to the Vols for the next 100. Dont make one bit of difference to me either way. Either way it will not change the fact that MOST bammer fans such as yourself are the most arrogant, annoying, irritating people on the face of the earth. It did not take much "drawing out" on my part for you to show that of yourself.

Alabama football will not be great forever and for that fact I actually feel a little bit sorry for all of the rammer jammers because life as you know it will be over. Because you people obviously have nothing better going on.

Consider this my last response to anything you have to post, because frankly you are not worthy of my time. Im out.

TeamMainStreet

Ok so I lied. One more time.

Self, this is the truth.

#1- TN has not had a good football team in the last 10 years buts thats Ok.

#2- Bama is the taint of America.

Ok now that I have been truthful to myself, you can rest easy. Have a horrid day.

Vermin93

You have to question the logic of someone who thinks Colorado is one of the most attractive football programs outside of the south. Makes you wonder what other crazy football opinions someone like that might have. :crazy:

TeamMainStreet

Vermin93 said:
You have to question the logic of someone who thinks Colorado is one of the most attractive football programs outside of the south. Makes you wonder what other crazy football opinions someone like that might have. :crazy:

I suppose the same could be said for somebody that actually believes Notre Dame is undefeated and should and could win the championship this year.

Vermin93

TeamMainStreet said:
Vermin93 said:

I suppose the same could be said for somebody that actually believes Notre Dame is undefeated and should and could win the championship this year.

I see no similarities between those two lines of thinking. One is legit, the other...well, it's nuts! :cool:

I'm staring at Colorado's record from the past 10 years and I'm trying to see the coaching allure. Maybe it's the skiing?

4-8
1-11
3-10
5-7
3-9
5-7
6-7
2-10
7-6
8-5

BamaProud

Vermin93 said:
TeamMainStreet said:
Vermin93 said:

I see no similarities between those two lines of thinking. One is legit, the other...well, it's nuts! :cool:

I'm staring at Colorado's record from the past 10 years and I'm trying to see the coaching allure. Maybe it's the skiing?

4-8
1-11
3-10
5-7
3-9
5-7
6-7
2-10
7-6
8-5

past record really doesn't have anything to do with it. Every coach thinks they can go into a program and turn it around. What matters most is facilities, fertile recruiting ground availability, salary and location/climate preference and maybe school history/tradition.