VOLS BASKETBALL

MickThompson

I love Kellie Harper and her relationship with her players and all that, but she is not the coach we need. Obviously we were spoiled for years with Pat but Kellie just isn't cutting it. She will be a good coach somewhere, but the bar is too high at Tennessee.
What about that mental breakdown to end the lady Vols upset bid today? Up 2 with 1.1 left- just don't leave a wide open shooter

PalsPal

I meant to add this. I really hope that JJJ gets another opportunity to make a big shot before the season is over.

For a 5-Star, McDonald's AA, he just has never lived up to his billing. Making that shot would've been huge, but alas he didn't.

Displaced_Vol

I meant to add this. I really hope that JJJ gets another opportunity to make a big shot before the season is over.

For a 5-Star, McDonald's AA, he just has never lived up to his billing. Making that shot would've been huge, but alas he didn't.
Vescovi was half way through a pump fake and the defender was flying past him- he should have taken it.
I don't hate JJJ taking the shot, I don't but I'd prefer Vescovi. Well, I'd prefer DK obviously but in that specific situation.

Gravey

Was listening to the second half late on the radio while driving. Sounds like Kentucky was shooting lights out and Vols forced 3 turnovers at the end to get close but couldn't seal the deal. Hats off to the cats on the W and kudos to the Vols going 3-1 in their last four. A little surprised but good to see. I sure hope they make a good run in the SEC tourney and get to the Final 4 for Barnes.

Forvols

Great run for Vols in this 4 game stretch. Lady Vols, I was pulling for them but SC is creme of the crop, Really surprised it was that close of a game. Men I think do need an SEC tourney win to get a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney (some AZ loss would help too)

Gravey

I just saw the replay of the Lady Vols heartbreak ending. I realize the girl that took the shot for South Carolina is 6' 7" if I heard right and never hit a 3-pointer in her career (maybe never shot one) but with 1.1 seconds to go and inbounding from mid court why leave her wide open to take an uncontested shot? It shouldn't have counted because I'm quite certain she didn't call bank! 🤣

wayne

Joe Lenardi says that Tennessee would have to make it to the SEC Championship game to get a #1 seed over Arizona. Even though Arizona is 2-5 against ranked teams. Tennessee is currently 6-3 against ranked teams.
UPDATE***Arizona loses to 13-17 USC by 13. Retardi will somehow consider it a better quality loss than losing to a 22-8 Kentucky.

Latest posts