TN basketball?

PalsPal

If I'm Barnes, I pull a Saban and ride off into the sunset.

Having to deal with these player defections and trying to find replacements has to keep you awake at night.

Of course, he may like the challenge of working with a whole new group.

Now, if ZZ enters the portal, I'd definitely call it quits.

Bgoodman30

Yeah sad what college sports have become. I liked Aido. I felt like if he played good the Vols would win..

JBell

I haven't seen who transferred that you're referring to. But this portal junk sucks. Oats seems to work through it ok. But even then I hate it. And I really don't understand why football players have to put in 3 years but basketball is only 1.

scn

I don't think he would do it to ZZ. But, I would not be at all surprised if this coming season was his last since ZZ will be a senior.

And, I think not being able to tell a HS recruit that he would be there for his whole career may be the reason he only signed one this year.

bowhunterfanatic

The portal giveth and the portal taketh. I wished they'd rein it in a bit. One free transfer then one more time for grad students. Only other freebie would be if the head coach leaves. UT needs to figure out a way to keep Awaka.

Displaced_Vol

It's hard for me to bash the portal process entirely when it gave us DK. It can be frustrating no doubt. It makes evaluations all the more important if you're recruiting high school kids or transfers with multiple years of eligibility.

Latest posts