Would Butch bail on the vols?

THEdonkey0515

If fans dont stop screaming they want him fired he might! I think hes were he wants to be in the SEC, will be going into his 3ed year next year with a lot of good young guys. his worked real hard recruiting and getting them guys to come to UT. he will be the head coach next year and if the vols dont win 7+ next year the fans might run him off just like they did there basketball coach.

PalsPal

Word is Hoke may not get fired.

Jones will not be anywhere near the top of their list, but he wasn't at the top of ours either.

I wouldn't blame him if he did go. Much easier to have success at Michigan.

If he does go, we are in much better shape for Gruden or whomever :D !

KENBOB10

The fans that are screaming to fire him are either drunk or have no idea how coaching works. I personally would like to see them competitive, but good grief, give the guy a chance.

Mudbone

gator-n-buck said:
Not a chance... Mich. will not hire a coach with back to back below .500 seasons.
IF they came calling, I think he would. More money, easier to succeed, easier to recruit, going home(the whole staff). His track record says he doesn't stick around long at one job also.

PalsPal

Mudbone said:
His track record says he doesn't stick around long at one job also.

:D His track record is just like any other coach trying to get to the big time.

Would you refuse a huge raise and a more high profile job ;) :D ?

farmin68

Wrangler95 said:
gator-n-buck said:
Not a chance... Mich. will not hire a coach with back to back below .500 seasons.

Okay, Mr know it all,we trust every opinion you have :D

I actually agree with G-n-B. Michigan fans will be demanding a coach who has already turned things completely around at the highest level.

And Butch wouldn't take the Michigan job. It's a lateral move at best..and that's a stretch. With the exception of a handful of programs outside the south, the SEC is the place to be if you want to prove yourself as a head coach. USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, and maybe Colorado, are some of the attractive jobs outside the south.

Yeah, Notre Dame can be attractive, but only because of the huge Catholic fan base, long tradition, and budget... Not because of the potential of returning the program to its long gone days of being on top of the college football world.

farmin68

Loosely quoting Butch Jones when asked months ago about the Michigan job -

'Tennessee is my dream job. This is where I want to be, and I want to stick around and see the benefits of our hard work. I want it to be my last stop.'

darn2ten

farmin68 said:

'Tennessee is my dream job. This is where I want to be, and I want to stick around and see the benefits of our hard work. I want it to be my last stop.'
Certainly not saying he's going anywhere, but that right there is 100% coach speak. What's he gonna say, I can think of plenty of coaches that have said things like that today and be gone tomorrow. Don't think he's going to Michigan though.

Hangnail

That "dream job" reference is closely related to the AD saying "Coach XYZ has my full support". I can't imagine Butch was talking specifically about the vols but rather a tradition rich program in the best conference for football. The only thing that really drives me nuts about Butch is his penchant for referring to players as "individuals". He sounds sooo dang Yankee when he does that.

Michigan is a dying program if you ask me. If Meyer can't get OSU into the title game in three years, I don't see Michigan making an appearance anytime soon.

farmin68

darn2ten said:
farmin68 said:

Certainly not saying he's going anywhere, but that right there is 100% coach speak. What's he gonna say, I can think of plenty of coaches that have said things like that today and be gone tomorrow. Don't think he's going to Michigan though.

I realize those words are no absolute guarantee that Butch won't leave, but very few coaches are that committal when answering such questions. He has said in the past that he fell in love with the idea of the UT job when his Cincinnati team played in Neyland a few years ago.

Hangnail

It ain't hard to fall in love with somewhere else when home is Cincinnati. WTH is a bearcat anyway? I'm thinking tigerpigeon would scare people more.

TeamMainStreet

Hangnail said:
It ain't hard to fall in love with somewhere else when home is Cincinnati. WTH is a bearcat anyway? I'm thinking tigerpigeon would scare people more.

I've gotta ask since you brought this up. What exactly is a " Crimson Tide" and why would an elephant be used as it's mascot? Legitimate question.

Latest posts