Would Butch bail on the vols?

farmin68

Vermin93 said:
You have to question the logic of someone who thinks Colorado is one of the most attractive football programs outside of the south. Makes you wonder what other crazy football opinions someone like that might have. :crazy:

Coming from a conspiracy theorist who doesn't know the rules of the game or how to count wins/losses, I automatically know where to file that statement. :D

Notre Dame sucked for years and it was still an attractive job to Lou Holtz.

Vermin93

BamaProud said:
Vermin93 said:
TeamMainStreet said:
Vermin93 said:
You have to question the logic of someone who thinks Colorado is one of the most attractive football programs outside of the south. Makes you wonder what other crazy football opinions someone like that might have. :crazy:

I suppose the same could be said for somebody that actually believes Notre Dame is undefeated and should and could win the championship this year.

I see no similarities between those two lines of thinking. One is legit, the other...well, it's nuts! :cool:

I'm staring at Colorado's record from the past 10 years and I'm trying to see the coaching allure. Maybe it's the skiing?

4-8
1-11
3-10
5-7
3-9
5-7
6-7
2-10
7-6
8-5

past record really doesn't have anything to do with it. Every coach thinks they can go into a program and turn it around. What matters most is facilities, fertile recruiting ground availability, salary and location/climate preference and maybe school history/tradition.

Open your mouth Bama, because I'm about to put some words in it. :D

So now we have two people who believe Colorado is one of the more attractive coaching jobs outside the SEC? :crazy: :crazy:

Vermin93

farmin68 said:
Vermin93 said:

Coming from a conspiracy theorist who doesn't know the rules of the game or how to count wins/losses, I automatically know where to file that statement. :D

Notre Dame sucked for years and it was still an attractive job to Lou Holtz.

So now you are comparing the attractiveness of Notre Dame in 1985 when Lou Holtz became coach to Colorado in 2014 and trying to make an argument that they are similar? :crazy:

Can you explain why you think Colorado would be viewed as a premier job for successful head coaches? Other than snow skiing, elk hunting, fly fishing, legal marijuana and the ultra-liberal town of Boulder, how is it in the same category as the other programs you listed?

Or....you could just say that you really meant the Denver Broncos. :D

gator-n-buck

I didn't know that besides Mich. that Colorado and Notre Dame are interested in Butch Jones... :grin: This post has spun out of control.... :D

On a serious note, Butch will have his hands full trying to keep the job he has the next few years.

TeamMainStreet

What I said about your Colorado post wasnt refering to what you said about Colorado. I was comparing the crazy logic you were talking about to your crazy logic of ND.

But you probably knew that and chose to ignore it like you did a certain call in a recent game. 7 and not baby.

BamaProud

Vermin93 said:
BamaProud said:
Vermin93 said:
TeamMainStreet said:
Vermin93 said:

I suppose the same could be said for somebody that actually believes Notre Dame is undefeated and should and could win the championship this year.

I see no similarities between those two lines of thinking. One is legit, the other...well, it's nuts! :cool:

I'm staring at Colorado's record from the past 10 years and I'm trying to see the coaching allure. Maybe it's the skiing?

4-8
1-11
3-10
5-7
3-9
5-7
6-7
2-10
7-6
8-5

past record really doesn't have anything to do with it. Every coach thinks they can go into a program and turn it around. What matters most is facilities, fertile recruiting ground availability, salary and location/climate preference and maybe school history/tradition.

Open your mouth Bama, because I'm about to put some words in it. :D

So now we have two people who believe Colorado is one of the more attractive coaching jobs outside the SEC? :crazy: :crazy:

Yea I guess you did put words in my mouth. Colorado is NOT the more attractive job all other things being equal.

farmin68

Vermin93 said:

4-8
1-11
3-10
5-7
3-9
5-7
6-7
2-10
7-6
8-5

Did you factor blown calls into that record? :crazy:

Vermin93

farmin68 said:
Vermin93 said:

4-8
1-11
3-10
5-7
3-9
5-7
6-7
2-10
7-6
8-5

Did you factor blown calls into that record? :crazy:

No need. It's pretty clear from that record that the Colorado football program is nowhere near one of the most attractive jobs in the country or outside the SEC. You still haven't explained why you said it was. Everyone wants to know, so please elaborate. It's the legal marijuana in Colorado, isn't it?

Vermin93

darn2ten said:
Vermin, I gotta ask. Where are you from? I ain't trying to be funny or nothing, just wondering and being serious?

Originally Posted By: darn2ten
Vermin, I gotta ask. Where are you from? I ain't trying to be funny or nothing, just wondering and being serious?

I don't really have an answer to that question.

Born in Albuquerque, NM in 1970
Biloxi, MS 1971
Rome, NY 1971 - 1974
Boston, MA 1974-1978
Niceville, FL 1979 - 1983
Beavercreek, OH 1983 -1989
Notre Dame, IN 1989 - 1993
Orlando, FL 1993 - 1994
Idaho Falls, ID 1994
Groton, CT - 1995
San Diego, CA - 1995 - 1998 (stationed on USS Jefferson City, SSN-759)
Kansas City, MO - 1999
Las Vegas, NV 1999 - 2001
Kansas City, MO 2002 - 2005
Dallas, TX 2005 - 2014

My mom lived in Loudon, TN from 2000 - 2013 and now lives in Signal Mtn, TN. I wanted to hunt during my trips to visit her. That is how I found tndeer.

darn2ten

Vermin93 said:
darn2ten said:

Originally Posted By: darn2ten

I don't really have an answer to that question.

Born in Albuquerque, NM in 1970
Biloxi, MS 1971
Rome, NY 1971 - 1974
Boston, MA 1974-1978
Niceville, FL 1979 - 1983
Beavercreek, OH 1983 -1989
Notre Dame, IN 1989 - 1993
Orlando, FL 1993 - 1994
Idaho Falls, ID 1994
Groton, CT - 1995
San Diego, CA - 1995 - 1998 (stationed on USS Jefferson City, SSN-759)
Kansas City, MO - 1999
Las Vegas, NV 1999 - 2001
Kansas City, MO 2002 - 2005
Dallas, TX 2005 - 2014

My mom lived in Loudon, TN from 2000 - 2013 and now lives in Signal Mtn, TN. I wanted to hunt during my trips to visit her. That is how I found tndeer.
I see, I was just trying to establish why you hate the SEC and got to be a ND fan. Pretty interesting, you've definitely been around. I can better understand now.

Latest posts