Smokeless Who all....

Smokeless

Roost 1

Who all here has switched to smokeless? A few years ago only a handful of us had converted over, just wondering how many others have seen the light?? Heck I got 3 now and another to be converted. It's been very addictive for me.

ImThere

Been saving for two years to buy one and convert seems something more important always gets in the way. But someday I will have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADR

Roost 1":155japq6 said:
Who all here has switched to smokeless? A few years ago only a handful of us had converted over, just wondering how many others have seen the light?? Heck I got 3 now and another to be converted. It's been very addictive for me.

I drank the kool-ade thanks to this sight

fairchaser

I bought a conversion from a member 3 years ago and love how it shoots but I'm wondering if it came with a hex. I haven't gotten to drop the hammer on a deer yet. I'm hoping this year. But, I'm bonafide smokeless now. I sold my TC and everything.

Roost 1

fairchaser":9hu3gytr said:
I bought a conversion from a member 3 years ago and love how it shoots but I'm wondering if it came with a hex. I haven't gotten to drop the hammer on a deer yet. I'm hoping this year. But, I'm bonafide smokeless now. I sold my TC and everything.

Steve put a jinx on that gun..... :poke:

TX300mag

Since 2009. I wouldn't have done it either without this site. There is a wealth of knowledge and people willing to share it with these. Deer Assassin helped me when I got mine in '09. Tar12 has been very helpful, and most recently jlanecr500.

I've also picked up lots of good info from reading the posts on lots of others.

TNReb

For people like me who haven't switched (and honestly just don't care to make the effort).... what are we missing out on?

Cleaner? Ok... I don't shoot enough to care.

No smoke after the shot? Ok.. but that doesn't get me too excited

I'm asking to be seriously... not to argue or say it's a waste of time. I'm genuinely curious what I'm missing out on. Just don't hunt with my MZ enough to really care. 4-6 days a year is about it and I've pulled a trigger on a deer with a MZ once in the last 4 years.

Roost 1

Sounds like you are not to interested in muzzle loading in general so you prolly aren't missing much.
But the advantages are:
Cleaner
Accuracy
Reliability
Just to name a few... before 200yds was a stretch at best, now 300yds is no problem for me. Others will
Say 500yds is no problem..

TX300mag

Most of my deer are killed with a MZ since the first two weeks of my TN season is MZ and OH firearms season doesn't allow most rifles.

I can shoot several deer without cleaning if I want to, often times the entire season.

I got lucky once at 150 yards with blackpowder, but I have countless smokeless kills further than that (up to 320 yards)-meat on the table.

BULL MOOSE

I had 2 savages and sold one. I have one new apex conversion and another Not yet converted that I may sell. I had a Remington 700 ml that I decided not to convert and sold on here. I have run the price up on several guns on gunbroker over the past three years.

mike243

I dont plan on going back smoking .250g bullets and 43g n110 drops them out to 260 some odd steps with no problem

Matador

I haven't but have been meaning to. I have the extra 45-70 encore barrel and a single shot NEF 45-70. I really like the sound of that direct ignition that jlenacr500 is doing. Sounds like a better way to go.

backstraps

Yes I switched a few years ago, and will never look back!! Bad thing was, when I switched, I built my first one, got bitten by the bug. Had a few built, the I built a few more, and finally had a couple more built.

I am down to my Encore conversion, and a Rem Brux

I guess I could say.... uh... I LOVE SMOKELESS (never did like smokers :lol: )

Rubberduck270

I started with a H&R conversion (still have it) then bought a Savage ML, sold it to build a Rem 700 ML with a PacNor barrel. Built the RemPac (named her Fat Amy ;) ) sold her when she became a safe queen and now am in the process of building Fat Amy 2.0. Built 3 other H&Rs in between for different people.

Smokeless ML's were kinda my gateway drug into reloading. After tailoring a load for my H&R and seeing the results it made me want to do the same for every rifle I owned. Madness ensued.

Two main advantages to Smokeless for me is the speed and cleanliness. I know there are some that will never give up their 777 and Powerbelts but for me I don't plan on ever going back.

fullstream

Roost 1":32gysd5f said:
fairchaser":32gysd5f said:

Steve put a jinx on that gun..... :poke:

Definitely no jinx on that gun. That was one of the best shouldering guns I've ever owned and it flat out shot good. It laid down the deer as well @ 2600 fps. It was my favorite conversion I had done.
If I weren't hunting in Ms now I'd probably have 2 or 3 but the primitive weapon rules here are pretty cool.
That rem/mac was pretty sweet too until you turned it blue [emoji33][emoji33]

Latest posts