Smokeless Who all....

Smokeless

Tiny

Had a Savage blame thieves... ERrrrrrr.. Would get another... Loved that thing..simplest n easiest to get ready.. Thought about a custom or conversion just never did or have yet..

grouser

I've been shooting the Savage for over 10 yrs.. very happy with the smokeless velocities and accuracy.

Huntaholic

Im pretty sure I bought my savage 10ml II in 2001. At that time nobody around here had even heard of them, much less seen one. LOL. I gave 429 bucks for it new and had to special order it. Since that time, almost every single person Ive let shoot it or hunt with it has ended up buying one. I built a Remington/pacnor 45 a couple years ago that shoots better than I can shoot it but I still cant bring myself to even consider selling the savage.

hillbill

been doing the no smoke thing for a long time
have owned many Savages, remington conversions, done several Savage CFs, CVA Apexs custom actions too
calibers include .45 .416 .40 & .375
most shoot better than a very accurate CF gun and are just plain fun to kill with

will get the job done a FUR piece over yonder as well.
for those seeking smokeless knowledge check us out at Hanks Message Boards, lots to learn..

GMB54

Bought a Savage years ago but it never really thrilled me just because its such a pig of a rifle. Bought a Ultra Light Arms model 20 and i was hooked. Great speed, low weight and no vents to mess with. Performance has been flawless. Not a lot of fun off the bench though with max power loads and 275gr bullets.

Ive got a SavPac 45 also which is more of a pig due to the heavy contour barrel. Wonderfully accurate and a pleasure to shoot on the bench. I dont shoot loads as hot as most but its still way more than i would ever need for hunting.

elknturkey

I did 2009. Bought a savage and used it for a few years. The weight just got unbearable tho. Sold it and bought a Nula and haven't looked back. It's light as a feather and as accurate as my creedmoor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

280longshot

I've been using my Rem/McGowan setup going on 3 years. It's a shooter and serves me well, actually like it as much as any centerfire rifle cause it's deadly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hillbill

These guns are like a 45-70 on major steroids, the 45s are T-Rex killers, the smaller calibers can be custom tailored to do whatever one wants, right now I'm really liking the .40 bore

TheLBLman

Been smokeless (mostly) now for about 10 years.

But occasionally carry a very lightweight ML that's not smokeless,
simply because it's so light, and a good close-range gun with the BH209 powder.

I suspect part of what dampened a more mass transition to smokeless was the BH209 powder?

Labboy

I had one built by Tims last year on a 700 action and wouldn't think of ever hunting without one. I have found myself using it during gun season. It is a tack driver that shoots every bit as good as my 300 win mag. It almost seems like an unfair advantage especially up north! Not cleaning after every shot is priceless to me.

mike243

I weigh 215-217 about 5'10" and carry my savage 50 cal most of rifle season thru the hills and hollows of E Tn,how big are you all that worry about the weight of your rifle?

GMB54

Im taller but weigh less. I had a couple back injuries though and damage to my knees in a MC accident. I got hooked on light weight rifles after owning a Rem 600. My first carbine in a ML was a older T/C ThunderHawk and then a Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun.

My NULA though isnt a carbine. It has a 26" barrel (special order) and produces excellent speed. At around 7lbs ready to hunt its a joy to carry and deadly accurate. A 275gr BE at 2400fps gets your attention pretty fast. Funny thing though, it can hit that MV with about 5gr less N120 than it took in my Savage. The Savage also would not shoot a 225gr XPB worth a hoot unless the charge was super mild. The NULA cranks them out at 2300fps+ without a hickup using 41gr-42gr N110.

I wouldn't trade mine for 3 MLIIs, no way no how.

This load clocked 2407fps with a MMP sabot and 2440fps with the Harvester smooth black out of my NULA
F8yObOP.jpg

walker

I bought a savage several years ago but I sold it. I was going to have hillbill. Build me one but ended up buying ugg. From howa.and absolutely love it. Have killed several deer with it!

Latest posts