Will Tn. ever allow straight walled cartridges in MZ?

CHRIS WILSON

BH209 if your not going to go with a smokeless is really the only way to go in a modern inline. You can go for weeks without cleaning provided you have not gotten any moister/rain involved. Ive tested a old MZ to see how long I can go and had one loaded and shot for months and did not see any signs of pitting so really did not see any reason to be concerned with a normal 2 week season.
I like BH209 and use it in my Knight but prices for it have become ridiculous. Currently $83 dollars for an 8 oz container at Walmart. As much as I like it, if prices remain that high, I won't be buying anymore once my current BH stash runs out.

Madbowh

I think it's gone the way it is, any single shot completely takes away from the challenge. I can reload my muzzleloader pretty quick with a speed loader but I think a single shot rifle is a lot faster to load and not right to put in a muzzle hunt. I think they need to put more resources elsewhere,..... plenty of other things they ought to be worried about.

Kelljp

In your primitive season, what's your parameters? There's a good chance that the others aren't near as primitive as you'd want to believe
True, when I think Primitive hunting , my thoughts are long bows, recurve bows, flintlock, or sidelock percussion muzzleloaders. No compound bows, crossbows and telescopic or other electronic aiming devices. That's not ever going happen here and if it did I doubt it would be enforced.
On the other hand, when I look at all the damage they do in the garden and orchard I wouldn't care if gun season started at the end of September until January.

PillsburyDoughboy

True, when I think Primitive hunting , my thoughts are long bows, recurve bows, flintlock, or sidelock percussion muzzleloaders. No compound bows, crossbows and telescopic or other electronic aiming devices. That's not ever going happen here and if it did I doubt it would be enforced.
On the other hand, when I look at all the damage they do in the garden and orchard I wouldn't care if gun season started at the end of September until January.
I tend to agree. Ive said for years I wish there was a true primitive season ahead of Muzzle Loader season but you are right. It would not be enforced. People would just get out with in lines and say they killed it with a Flint Lock.

mike243

Why try to limit anybody? Lot of folks cant bow hunt for 1 reason or another but they get the most liberal limits and seasons, they can hunt with 1 all season long but gun hunters cant, i say raise the price to cover 1 season any weapon and hunt like in the CWD zone, looks like at some point it will cover all the state, might as well implement it now and save all the trouble, then see who the real bow hunters are lol, i would still hunt with a muzzle loader some as I love it

PillsburyDoughboy

I don't hunt as hard as I use to, but about 15 years ago I quit transitioning from muzzleloader to gun, just kept hunting the rest of the season with the 50 caliber and still tagged out.
30 years or so ago not by design I got so busy with real world stuff work and family I sighted my Mz in and did not have time to confirm zero on my rifle and wound up hunting all season with my MZ. Fell in love with it

Farm manager

I don't know if there's a lobbying organization other than the general public that pushes for all these options. If the season was weapon of choice from beginning to end sales of archery and muzzleloader equipment would plummet. Most folks have invested in these options to extend their season not because of their love of the added challenges. It's about money for both the manufacturers of the equipment and the wildlife agencies who offer additional tags for different weapons.

Kelljp

I don't know if there's a lobbying organization other than the general public that pushes for all these options. If the season was weapon of choice from beginning to end sales of archery and muzzleloader equipment would plummet. Most folks have invested in these options to extend their season not because of their love of the added challenges. It's about money for both the manufacturers of the equipment and the wildlife agencies who offer additional tags for different weapons.
Follow the money 👍

Latest posts