Will Tn. ever allow straight walled cartridges in MZ?

Jcalder

They pretty much have in unit cwd
Correct, but what about the rest of us. I think in time the whole state may become cwd. What happens then? I don't get understand the whole straight wall bs. We have a muzzleloader season, and that's not a straight wall case. It would be a better argument if we had a primitive season.

ROVERBOY

A guy that used to hunt on a neighbor's property had a N.E.F. or H&R .35 Whelan. He said he had a .35, and I thought he was talking about .35 Rem. caliber. He said he wanted something that put them down quick. Yep.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I grew up in Indiana and they have (had at least) the dedicated muzzle loader season at the end of the year, and at first it was for only. Then they allowed a buck if you didn't kill a buck in the gun season. Personally, for me, I'd like to see it that way here, or not have weapon specific seasons at all. The one thing that would be a problem with that is that it is way too easy to kill any deer with a gun in early October. The more I've thought about it over the years, the more I do think any weapon all season is a good way to go. Just go and kill your deer however you want to.

Smo

It doesn't matter too me what they call the Season…
Archery I've always thought stared too early, and I'm a bow hunter at heart.

M/L season hits at a perfect time in my neck of the woods..

Gun Season I think starts at an appropriate time, however I think it should be extended thru February…with a 4 buck limit.😎
Just my thoughts, as it really doesn't matter too me, once m/l season opens …. It's on!

4F43DC73-5F06-49AE-A7B9-9BACC4B039C3.jpeg

Those modern cartridge guns will never catch on anyway….😁

CHRIS WILSON

Given that TN already allows smokeless and Fire Stick compatible muzzleloaders in the MZ season, it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually reclassified it as a Primitive weapons season and allowed single shot, straight walled cartridge rifles. Personally, I really like the muzzleloader season but I'll admit that I'd shelve the Knight in favor of a single shot 450 bushmaster or 45-70 if it were allowed.

Blockhouse

I used to enjoy mz when traditional but the technology has evolved into inlines, smokeless etc. woods were less crowded. horse has left the barn. Not sure what I'm going to do with all these guns if there is not a season. I do enjoy my stainless break open inline.

jlanecr500

I used to enjoy mz when traditional but the technology has evolved into inlines, smokeless etc. woods were less crowded. horse has left the barn. Not sure what I'm going to do with all these guns if there is not a season. I do enjoy my stainless break open inline.
Allow straight walled cartridges and it will be just another 2 weeks of gun season.

Longbow2240

I don't know about the straight wall cartridge but I'd like to see a combo of archery/ML/shotgun during the muzzleloader season. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts