When Do You Get on Stand?

UTGrad

This year I'm going to try to be on stand an hour before legal shooting light. I've cut it close before and got settled 10 minutes before legal. I seemed to have better luck getting on stand earlier.

What time y'all get on stand?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I like to be set up and ready to shoot 30 minutes before legal shooting time.

I dunno why, I just love that time of complete and total relaxation.
I want a good seat for that magic minute.

Mr.Bro

i would rather be 45 minutes early than 10 minutes late.
Usually 30-45 minutes before shooting time.I get in no hurry and like Ruger.Enjoy watching the world come to life.

Redfred16

RUGER said:
I like to be set up and ready to shoot 30 minutes before legal shooting time.

I dunno why, I just love that time of complete and total relaxation.
I want a good seat for that magic minute.

x2

Lost Lake

Depends on where I'm hunting. I usually don't see deer until later in the mornings so I usually try to be in my spots and settled fifteen minutes before shooting light. If I know I'll see deer early I'll get there an hour early if I have to. I'd rather stay an hour later in the morning than get there too early.

BSK

10-15 minutes before shooting light. As I get older, I just can't sit in the stand for as many hours as I used to, so I want the time I do sit to be as productive as possible. Sitting on stand in the dark is not productive stand time! Plus, the longer your in the stand, the more scent is pouring off you and filling the surrounding environment.

Nealmeally

15-20 minutes with bow. And gun depends on where I'm going. Some spots I got I'll slip in just as light is breaking with gun.. But never do I get in stand over 20 minutes early. I like to leave the truck early and walk slow to keep from sweating.

tailchaser

Nealmeally said:
15-20 minutes with bow. And gun depends on where I'm going. Some spots I got I'll slip in just as light is breaking with gun.. But never do I get in stand over 20 minutes early. I like to leave the truck early and walk slow to keep from sweating.
x2

UTGrad

BSK said:
10-15 minutes before shooting light. As I get older, I just can't sit in the stand for as many hours as I used to, so I want the time I do sit to be as productive as possible. Sitting on stand in the dark is not productive stand time! Plus, the longer your in the stand, the more scent is pouring off you and filling the surrounding environment.

Isn't it better to be settled in and ready a good while before deer start moving at first light?

catman529

Depends on when I get up, how fast I get ready, when I get to the tree, and ultimately, when I feel like getting up! :D Like to be there before first light, but doesn't always go that way.

deerhunter10

I like to be in 30-60 minutes before. I know some people feel like they are running late if they aren't in the tree an hour or more before. one of my best friends that I film for and he films for me loves to be in there crazy early atleast an hour. I end up falling asleep if I get in there any earlier than an hour lol

catman529

deerhunter10 said:
I like to be in 30-60 minutes before. I know some people feel like they are running late if they aren't in the tree an hour or more before. one of my best friends that I film for and he films for me loves to be in there crazy early atleast an hour. I end up falling asleep if I get in there any earlier than an hour lol
usually if I am very early, the sky getting lighter and birds chirping will wake me up. Did that exact thing on turkey opener this spring. Got there real early, took a snooze and woke up with the birds.

MUP

UTGrad said:
BSK said:

Isn't it better to be settled in and ready a good while before deer start moving at first light?

Deer are most likely moving already, but getting to my stand well before first light does allow time for my intrusive entrance to settle down some, hopefully before they near my location.

Latest posts