Vols @ Missouri!

Gravey

Really strange they waited this late to release the times/network. There must've been some tussling going on behind the scenes because normally a week prior to game day they are set in stone. Weird.
Who knows but it saved me hotel money. It's a 3 hour drive so I had reservations for Friday night and Saturday night and was going to cancel one when the time came out but 2:30 makes it easy to drive up and back same day.

THEdonkey0515

Based on what? His record is better than lots of current SEC coaches.
Maybe based on the post above?

"Lane is 1-20 all time vs P5 teams that end up winning 9 games in a season"

What's lanes signature win at Ole miss? 7-5 UT with half a team? Couple wins over bad A&M teams? Let me guess LSU in like year 4, who isn't ranked in the top 15 now.

Heupel had 3 wins in year 2 that are more impressive then anything Lane has done. Lane played two of those teams in that same year! they lost by a combined 33pts....

Finished 5-5 in 2020
Blew out in sugar bowl in 2021
Lost 4 of final 5 games in 2022

Last edited:

BamaProud

Maybe based on the post above?

"Lane is 1-20 all time vs P5 teams that end up winning 9 games in a season"

What's lanes signature win at Ole miss? 7-5 UT with half a team? Couple wins over bad A&M teams? Let me guess LSU in like year 4, who isn't ranked in the top 15 now.

Heupel had 3 wins in year 2 that are more impressive then anything Lane has done. Lane played two of those teams in that same year! they lost by a combined 33pts....

Finished 5-5 in 2020
Blew out in sugar bowl in 2021
Lost 4 of final 5 games in 2022

Nice Cherry-picking, but there are only 3 coaches in the SEC that have a higher winning record than Kiffin.
Jimbo Fisher (122-44)
Brian Kelly (176-66)
and Nick Saban (285-69)

Kiffin is (85-47)

He's has also been on the "short list" of every major college football head coach vacancy for about 15 years. I get the notion that some people don't like him(especially Tennessee fans) but he is a top 10 or 15 coach Nationally. Probably top 5 in the SEC.

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

Based on what? His record is better than lots of current SEC coaches.

Nice Cherry-picking, but there are only 3 coaches in the SEC that have a higher winning record than Kiffin.
Jimbo Fisher (122-44)
Brian Kelly (176-66)
and Nick Saban (285-69)

Kiffin is (85-47)

He's has also been on the "short list" of every major college football head coach vacancy for about 15 years. I get the notion that some people don't like him(especially Tennessee fans) but he is a top 10 or 15 coach Nationally. Probably top 5 in the SEC.

What's his best win In 4 years?

And I don't have a problem with Lane I wanted him to come to back to UT at one point. 1-20 against teams that win 9 games. Cool he beats up on 7-5 teams I don't really care.

Year one at Ole miss 5-5
Coach Heupel 7-5

Year two at Ole miss 10-3
Coach Heupel 11-2

Year 3 lane 8-4
Heupel TBD.... UTs floor is 8-4 this year come on they beating Vandy

So Heupel is gonna have a better record though 3 years in the SEC then Lane did with better quality wins

So if you have lane top ten Nationally where is coach Heupel?

Last edited:

wayne

Kiffin is 3-7 against teams that finish in the top 25; over his entire head coaching career, he's 4-23. I know that's clouding some people's scope, but that's just the facts. Cherry picking or not. But maybe he can get better before Saban retires.

THEdonkey0515

Kiffin is 3-7 against teams that finish in the top 25; over his entire head coaching career, he's 4-23. I know that's clouding some people's scope, but that's just the facts. Cherry picking or not. But maybe he can get better before Saban retires.
That screams top 10 coach! Lol overrated....

wayne

Kiffin does have a 66% win percentage. That's pretty good. It's not 75% good, but it's pretty good.

THEdonkey0515

Kiffin does have a 66% win percentage. That's pretty good. It's not 75% good, but it's pretty good.
True but Jimbo is at 72% no one thinks his top 10 right now.

66% is good but it's not even top 10 active right now. His right there with Malzhan and freeze.

Last edited:

Bamamonts

I like Kiffin but his record is not the best and he still has a lot to prove.
I think his best win was over LSU earlier this season. If Ole Miss can beat Georgia this weekend that will be a giant step forward for them but even if they lose this weekend and win the other 2 games this season has been a step forward for them.
He brings excitement to the game with his personality and makes games fun to watch.
I thought the jabs back and forth with jimbo was funny.

PalsPal

I like Kiffin but his record is not the best and he still has a lot to prove.
I think his best win was over LSU earlier this season.

One has to question how good is LSU?

He brings excitement to the game with his personality and makes games fun to watch.

He does. I loved his tweets after the Bama games last year and this year. I think he really regrets leaving Knoxville.

In a perfect world, he knocks off GA and we win out and face off in the SEC champ game. It would be epic!!

PillsburyDoughboy

One has to question how good is LSU?

He does. I loved his tweets after the Bama games last year and this year. I think he really regrets leaving Knoxville.

In a perfect world, he knocks off GA and we win out and face off in the SEC champ game. It would be epic!!
And now that Kiffin is the vols Fan Boy. All is right in the world. :)

Latest posts