Uh Oh bama

PillsburyDoughboy

They've had more practice. 😉😝

My memory must be off because i thought for sure they lost to the Vols in their most recent game. 🤔
If memory serves me correctly the vols are the only team in the NCAA where the NCAA is on record saying that cheating at the university of tn is CULTURAL

Creek bottoms

It sounds to me like he is saying he was handing out piles of cash to black players or their families because he felt guilty for being white.

I'd laugh out loud if I was standing there when he said that, but I guess some might find it an acceptable excuse for a rules violation. 🤣
NC2A didn't buy it. Probably why he got 'just cause' and can't coach in college for 6 years or so. So much for going back to bubba!

TNTreeman

Funny thing is the gumps have been in the top in recruiting for a long time. They have more talent and depth than the Vols but yet couldn't win. I guess it's the coaching ??? Young kept them from losing 3 or 4 last year, he can't save them this year from Carolina. Can't stay on top forever. If the gumps lose 3 or more this year the fans will meltdown.

Spurhunter

I always hate hearing about teams cheating. If they are cheating I'm glad they got caught. It paints a bad picture of college sports and it's sad that the way things are. The NCAA isn't consistent when giving out punishments or how they investigate teams. I remember what's it like for my team hammered by the NCAA and felt like some of it was unjust but I wasn't part of the investigation. 🤷🏻‍♂️ on the opposite side I'm sure Bama has gotten away with some things. I think that can be said for Tennessee and most all universities.
I didn't follow the latest Tennessee violations very close but from what I saw I thought it was better than some of the past punishments the NCAA gave out. I didn't think Tennessee deserved a bowl ban and glad that didn't happen. I don't really agree with vacating wins but I understand it.
From what I read I think Tennessee did a good job of self imposing penalties.
Like Gravey said nobodies squeaky clean.
I am amazed by your posts. You and a couple alabama grads I know are the only objective, reasonable alabama fans I've ever encountered. It is quite refreshing. Going to Tennessee/Florida games I've encountered many reasonable Gator fans and even shared a table at a restaurant after the game when seating was limited, but I can't say the same for the alabama fans I've encountered at Tennessee/alabama games in Knoxville. I still think you need to leave the dark side and join the good guys in orange! 😅

bowhunterfanatic

NEWSFLASH: they all cheat

Amazing to me how many grown men can't wrap their heads around this. Been going on since SMU started giving players cars way back in the day and it hasn't stopped since. We just got caught. Bama getting caught would be too much of a black eye for the NCAA so we will never get to laugh at all the idiots unfortunately.

Bamamonts

Funny thing is the gumps have been in the top in recruiting for a long time. They have more talent and depth than the Vols but yet couldn't win. I guess it's the coaching ??
That's why their record has been as good as it is over the last several years but you can win them all. That's the only time I've been to game in Knoxville so I can't compare it to other Saturdays but that atmosphere was big and the stadium was rocking. I think that's what made the difference in that game. If it was at Bryant Denny then Reichard probably makes the field goal at the end of the game.
Young kept them from losing 3 or 4 last year, he can't save them this year from Carolina. Can't stay on top forever. If the gumps lose 3 or more this year the fans will meltdown.
I have no idea what this year brings but this team will have its own identity without BY. It will be built different. I looking forward to seeing the offense with the new OC Tommy Reese.
I don't think 3 losses will happen but if it does I agree with the meltdown. 😂

Bamamonts

I am amazed by your posts. You and a couple alabama grads I know are the only objective, reasonable alabama fans I've ever encountered. It is quite refreshing. Going to Tennessee/Florida games I've encountered many reasonable Gator fans and even shared a table at a restaurant after the game when seating was limited, but I can't say the same for the alabama fans I've encountered at Tennessee/alabama games in Knoxville. I still think you need to leave the dark side and join the good guys in orange! 😅
The good guys wear crimson. 😁
I've meet good and bad fans from several fan bases. Oklahoma fans were very nice when they came to Tuscaloosa back when Stoops were their coach. I was at the Bama/Tennessee game in 05 when Bama won 6-3. The Tennessee's fans that I saw there were pretty obnoxious but there were some good fans also.
The game last year the Tennessee fan were pretty obnoxious after the game which was understandable after ending the long win streak.
The fans we sit around were very nice during the game and after. It was mostly leaving the stadium.
I've always tried to make a point to be nice to opposing fans. Win or lose people should be able to have good experiences at the game.

TNTreeman

That's why their record has been as good as it is over the last several years but you can win them all. That's the only time I've been to game in Knoxville so I can't compare it to other Saturdays but that atmosphere was big and the stadium was rocking. I think that's what made the difference in that game. If it was at Bryant Denny then Reichard probably makes the field goal at the end of the game.

I have no idea what this year brings but this team will have its own identity without BY. It will be built different. I looking forward to seeing the offense with the new OC Tommy Reese.
I don't think 3 losses will happen but if it does I agree with the meltdown. 😂
I think Kevin Steele is an upgrade at DC. Verdict is still out on Reese, he may be great. Three of my friends are bammers and we enjoy picking at each other, I do very little. After the game I never called them. The next day they all finally called and I never mentioned it until they did. Drove them crazy. I never even acted excited about I just said I enjoyed it and I had nothing to do with the victory just like they had nothing to do with the loss. Every time they say "we" in regards to the team I say until you are involved in the off-season workouts or run sprints with the team there is no " we". All good natured.

Bone Collector

Perhaps. but NEWSFLASH . In recent days only the vols have been smacked up side the head with 18 NCAA Violations, Had to vacate wins from 2 season,s pay 8 million dollars in fines, Lose 28 Scholarships over 5 years and pay out millions in legal fees. But oh Bama. :)
And from what I read they self imposed a scholarship ban, so most of the 28 are served already. I think there is 12 more over the next 5 years. The money is irrelevant for any power 5 conference school let alone an SEC school (it'll be recouped in no time), and the 11 wins in 2 years... meh.

TN really shouldn't have had anything happen to them since they reported it and fired Pruitt. That being said, I've seen the NCAA pull some BS on stuff like this, so overall it is not that harsh a punishment. With that said, again, I think they should not have been punished, but I will take it, as will they, and move along.

7mm08

Yeah I get what it says and I'm saying to fry him and anybody else that was involved. No excuses being made but you bammer boys thinking bama is squeaky clean is comical at best.

NEWSFLASH: they all cheat
They all do …… some are just better at hiding it than Pruitt.

Knew a guy at ETSU….. played basketball in the 70's……. One year he is cleaning bathrooms at a junior college for his " work study", the next year shows up on campus at ETSU with a brand new Datsun 240Z.

I lived in Knoxville for 30+ years. Every time a football player under Fulton had an auto accident it was in a big SUV! 90% didn't have a daddy , but drove SUV's