TWRA meeting today

scn

Didn't say going to court I said just paying the fine . I mailed a fine in once $ 275 so how much did TWRA get ?
TWRA likely received $20 tops out of that amount. And, the officer likely had a minimum of 2-3 hours tied up in the process. They don't make a heck of a lot in salary, but, that wouldn't have even paid their hourly time.

And, it doesn't matter if they go to court or not.

scn

Ok so if I mailed it in that's all profit right ? Doesn't cost the same to go to court ? If so next time I'm going because I had an excuse and wasn't totally guilty .
Obviously, it isn't working for you. There is no profit. The officer is going to have a minimum of 2-3 hours of their time tied up with that citation whether you come to court or not with just dealing with the paperwork.

scn

Ok I don't understand then . Why write them just give a warning ?
Our officers write a bunch of warnings. But, it doesn't have the same deterrent effect as a citation. And, by internal policy, warnings aren't doable for all violations.

My standard often was if I thought the violation was an honest mistake of not knowing or understanding a regulation, I would consider the warning route. If they knew, and just did it anyway, they were getting a citation.

Snake

Our officers write a bunch of warnings. But, it doesn't have the same deterrent effect as a citation. And, by internal policy, warnings aren't doable for all violations.

My standard often was if I thought the violation was an honest mistake of not knowing or understanding a regulation, I would consider the warning route. If they knew, and just did it anyway, they were getting a citation.
Mine was completely a misunderstanding and I tried talking with the officer but to no avail . After I paid I told him I appreciate them doing their job . He actually knew my story was legit because of what he said . I had killed a buck and my phone was messed up.so couldn't telecheck it in . Went to the processor I used to check the deer in but he no longer checked them in because he didn't want to pay for internet there. So I thought we'll check it in at the motel . That night I couldn't get the wifi to work and neither could my grandson . So I said I'll check it in on the way home tomorrow surely they'll be someone to check it in . We'll low and behold the game warden seen the buck in the back if my truck ran my tag and knew I had already checked a buck in muzzleloader season and hadn't checked it in knowing it hadn't just been killed . So I didn't check the buck in the day I killed it no fault of mine but he just wouldn't listen or ask my grandson. I told him that I wasn't trying to hide the buck like I wasn't going to check it in . Well at least he didn't try to confiscate my gun because he said I didn't kill it illegally . But I didn't bad mouth him or anything like that I even said I'm glad your doing your job .

Last edited:

Biggun4214

There are very few violations on the books that are fine only. Court costs are added to 98-99% of tickets wrote. Court costs vary from violation to violation and county to county. My assigned county's CC was $269 the adjoining county's was $329. Now most clerks tell officers that the recipient of the ticket has to contact the clerk's office for the total.
Also the CC can increase if you appear in court, and so can the fine.

killingtime 41

There are very few violations on the books that are fine only. Court costs are added to 98-99% of tickets wrote. Court costs vary from violation to violation and county to county. My assigned county's CC was $269 the adjoining county's was $329. Now most clerks tell officers that the recipient of the ticket has to contact the clerk's office for the total.
Also the CC can increase if you appear in court, and so can the fine.
So basically pay it even if you might be innocent. Because if you go to court it might cost you more if the judge don't buy it. Also even if you go to court and the judge throws out the violation. You'll say to yourself ok great. Till he says no matter what you have to pay court costs. Even if innocent like I said and the violation thrown out. Wild system we got here ain't it. But it's like that even with a parking ticket trust me I know.

Snake

So basically pay it even if you might be innocent. Because if you go to court it might cost you more if the judge don't buy it. Also even if you go to court and the judge throws out the violation. You'll say to yourself ok great. Till he says no matter what you have to pay court costs. Even if innocent like I said and the violation thrown out. Wild system we got here ain't it. But it's like that even with a parking ticket trust me I know.
If you win your case I don't think you have to pay court costs .

Wildcat#32

Obviously, it isn't working for you. There is no profit. The officer is going to have a minimum of 2-3 hours of their time tied up with that citation whether you come to court or not with just dealing with the paperwork.
the officer writes the ticket because thats his job and his wages are paid for by us. the taxpayers and license purchasers of the state!!!! should we give him a bonus $$. for doing his salary job!! or tell him to sit on the couch and earn his keep!!!!!

scn

the officer writes the ticket because thats his job and his wages are paid for by us. the taxpayers and license purchasers of the state!!!! should we give him a bonus $$. for doing his salary job!! or tell him to sit on the couch and earn his keep!!!!!
Another ignorant take. Where did I say that officers shouldn't write citations? I said it was an ignorant take to think TWRA set regulations to trick people into committing violations. It looks like your comprehension is about on his level as well.

And, the taxpayers of the state don't pay the officers salary.

Thank goodness for the ignore feature for morons.

BSK

Just curious, anyone know about how many fines/arrests are made by the TWRA per year that pertain to deer and turkey hunting (the two most popular non-migratory species)?

I ask because aren't we sort of hunting under the honor system? What are your chances of getting caught doing something wrong, especially if you only hunt private property?

Now I'm a firm believer in having the fines/penalties in place, as it gives an incentive to "play by the rules," and we absolutely need enforcement for those few who are true game criminals (the serial poachers and cheaters), but aren't most of us hunting under the honor system, and we WANT to do what is right?

Snake

Another ignorant take. Where did I say that officers shouldn't write citations? I said it was an ignorant take to think TWRA set regulations to trick people into committing violations. It looks like your comprehension is about on his level as well.

And, the taxpayers of the state don't pay the officers salary.

Thank goodness for the ignore feature for morons.
Wow brother you having issues at home ? We can pray about it brother. Just because someone says something you don't like or agree with you want to sling this unwarranted verbiage at them !! There was more than a couple complaining with how the TWRA set up the limits , regions and other things . So why did they make it confusing or should I say different ?

scn

Wow brother you having issues at home ? We can pray about it brother. Just because someone says something you don't like or agree with you want to sling this unwarranted verbiage at them !! There was more than a couple complaining with how the TWRA set up the limits , regions and other things . So why did they make it confusing or should I say different ?
My home life is blessed, and certainly more than I deserve.

Well, it certainly wasn't to trick people into doing violations as you implied. Just a really stupid take.

I just get tired of total bs thrown at the agency I worked for. I have been critical enough of them on some issues that I am sure I am persona non grata over at Ellington these days. But, the foolishness you posted was on another level.

Maybe you need to pray for yourself?

Latest posts