TWRA meeting today

Snake

My home life is blessed, and certainly more than I deserve.

Well, it certainly wasn't to trick people into doing violations as you implied. Just a really stupid take.

I just get tired of total bs thrown at the agency I worked for. I have been critical enough of them on some issues that I am sure I am persona non grata over at Ellington these days. But, the foolishness you posted was on another level.

Maybe you need to pray for yourself?
I do constantly sir . I try to be respectful and hold you in high regard brother, you can be sternful but to stoop to name calling IMO is beneath your character. I understand you have some sort of loyalty to your former employer but they are not perfect and for you to disagree with me or others is completely ok but to get respect you need to give it !

scn

I do constantly sir . I try to be respectful and hold you in high regard brother, you can be sternful but to stoop to name calling IMO is beneath your character. I understand you have some sort of loyalty to your former employer but they are not perfect and for you to disagree with me or others is completely ok but to get respect you need to give it !
I have zero concern anymore about respect. It is either there or not, and doesn't change my life in any way.

I spent many years on here biting through my tongue and not saying what I wanted to say. I no longer feel the need to do that.

It is rare for me to respond to anyone just disagreeing with the agency. I disagree with them (the agency) on a regular basis now. But, when someone posts something that is just total bs like you did, I have and will call it out. If that offends you, I highly suggest using the ignore feature that I use on a regular basis for idiots.

Last edited:

Snake

I have zero concern anymore about respect. It is either there or not, and doesn't change my life in any way.

I spent many years on here biting through my tongue and not saying what I wanted to say. I no longer feel the need to do that.

It is rare for me to respond to anyone just disagreeing with the agency. I disagree with them (the agency) on a regular basis now. But, when someone posts something that is just total bs like you did, I have and will call it out. If that offends you, I highly suggest using the ignore feature that I use on a regular basis for idiots.
I'm not offended but try to give respect where it's due and sir in your case it's not due anymore !! Others complained about how TWRA set up certain things but you said nothing to them but one things certain you get in your pants the same way I do . And I'm not a cry baby to ignore someone such as yourself I can take as much as I dish out . And for the record it wasn't what you said it's how you said it brother and I tried to make that clear but you just couldn't get it , I guess you was offened by your responses !!

scn

I'm not offended but try to give respect where it's due and sir in your case it's not due anymore !! Others complained about how TWRA set up certain things but you said nothing to them but one things certain you get in your pants the same way I do . And I'm not a cry baby to ignore someone such as yourself I can take as much as I dish out . And for the record it wasn't what you said it's how you said it brother and I tried to make that clear but you just couldn't get it , I guess you was offened by your responses !!
I didn't respond to the others because they were voicing their opinions of the new regs in a respectable way.

You, however, implied that TWRA was doing something underhanded to increase revenues through writing citations. And, you never backed off of the bs. So, I called it out and will call it out in the future.

I care zero whether I have your respect or not. I'm pretty sure that I am solid with the folks on here that matter to me, and could not care less about the others.

But, you are certainly free to continue to whine for your bs being exposed.

Wildcat#32

Another ignorant take. Where did I say that officers shouldn't write citations? I said it was an ignorant take to think TWRA set regulations to trick people into committing violations. It looks like your comprehension is about on his level as well.

And, the taxpayers of the state don't pay the officers salary.

Thank goodness for the ignore feature for morons.
who pays the twra officers???

Wildcat#32

Again, not even close.

Let's look at what may be an average fishing without a license case:

The officer writes the citation. He then must complete an arrest warrant and file it at the county courthouse. Probably a minimum of an hour to do that.

Then, because even if the violator pays the ticket, they have the option of going to court. If the officer isn't there to prosecute the case, it likely is thrown out. The officer will try to have multiple cases set on the same day. Regardless, probably another 3-4 hours of time tied up (minimum).

If the person pays the citation, or if found guilty in court, I suspect the total cost to the defendant now likely is $350-400. That sounds like a big payday for TWRA. Again, wrong.

Out of that $350, the actual fine on the charge will most likely be $10. Out of that, TWRA gets $4. The rest goes (by law) to the county school fund. The remaining $340 are court costs, with a significant portion going to the judges retirement fund. Out of the court costs, TWRA usually receives a $25 arrest fee.

So, TWRA nets $29 for maybe 4-5 hrs of the officer's time. It doesn't come close to even paying for the time to write and prosecute the violation.

So, just an ignorant take to even think that TWRA would set regulations trying to trick people into violating them.
you can spin this any way you want. you are taking up for the officer writing the ticket which is his job no matter how many hours it takes!!! we the people are paying his salary for doing just that!!!! im sorry he has to work for a living. join the club!!

Snake

I didn't respond to the others because they were voicing their opinions of the new regs in a respectable way.

You, however, implied that TWRA was doing something underhanded to increase revenues through writing citations. And, you never backed off of the bs. So, I called it out and will call it out in the future.

I care zero whether I have your respect or not. I'm pretty sure that I am solid with the folks on here that matter to me, and could not care less about the others.

But, you are certainly free to continue to whine for your bs being exposed.
For you to say they don't do underhanded stuff then sir your mistaken . Had two officers way before my citation come on our lease in Giles Co. ruining our hunt trampled around without orange at all on !! Want to know why ? Because they had a lease beyond ours and seen someone trespassing so they just thought it was us so they just blantly came onto the lease instead of waiting for us to come out . Of course they seen it wasn't us but offered no apology !! Started checking licenses and questioning how long we had been hunting there and who owned the property which was none of their business which I said you know who owns it ! I even commented about going into thick property without a shred of orange on ! This is something only an idiot would do to try and catch someone trespassin . So sir no one is perfect and I can understand you getting frustrated at me for keeping on asking questions which could be somewhat justified but your name calling is totally distasteful.

scn

you can spin this any way you want. you are taking up for the officer writing the ticket which is his job no matter how many hours it takes!!! we the people are paying his salary for doing just that!!!! im sorry he has to work for a living. join the club!!
There was no spin needed on my part. For someone to read what I wrote about the revenue stream from a citation and come up with even a hint of me saying an officer shouldn't do his/her job and write citations shows an absolutely ASTOUNDING lack of intelligence.

With the odds of you ever posting something remotely worth me reading being about the same as me winning the MegaMillion, you win the coveted green stripe and go in the file with the rest of the culls and idiots. Life is far too short to deal with your stupidity.

Last edited:

Wooden Arrow

Ehd in 2007 and the herd never recovered
Holston Defense got whacked pretty good as well. they shot the snot out of does for a couple years running, then EHD hit and really wreaked havoc on their herd. used to see ten or twenty deer nearly every day when driving past, no longer. now it's an event to see a single deer going by...

kentuckylakebuck1

Yes, it would be, IF hunters were doing that. But they're not. Again, the buck bag limit is 2, and hunters are still killing more bucks than does. So obviously, the 3 doe per day limit is NOT being taken advantage of. In fact, hunters are killing less does than bucks, and the buck limit is 2.
of course they are! twra has scared the people to death about this cwd bullshot, everyone is scared to eat a deer! so why would they kill anything other than what they would hang on the wall?

mike243

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html It really doesn't surprise me that folks can't look past a point and see where information comes from. TWRA didn't just pull the recommendation out of their ass, the CDC is who recommend this guideline. Folks can do anything they want to with the deer as far as eating it. if they didn't TWRA would be sued. As much as people like to sue folks it's not worth the hassle imo. It's like the warnings about eating fish out of certain lakes and rivers, eat at your own risk but don't blame the government when you get cancer. So Stop blaming TWRA for this problem that they didn't create but have to put the info out there so folks can try to use their own judgement. They are doing what they can to slow down the spread of it and lessing the chance of it crossing over as a secondary.

kentuckylakebuck1

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html It really doesn't surprise me that folks can't look past a point and see where information comes from. TWRA didn't just pull the recommendation out of their ass, the CDC is who recommend this guideline. Folks can do anything they want to with the deer as far as eating it. if they didn't TWRA would be sued. As much as people like to sue folks it's not worth the hassle imo. It's like the warnings about eating fish out of certain lakes and rivers, eat at your own risk but don't blame the government when you get cancer. So Stop blaming TWRA for this problem that they didn't create but have to put the info out there so folks can try to use their own judgement. They are doing what they can to slow down the spread of it and lessing the chance of it crossing over as a secondary.
cwd has been around tn way longer than twra got federal money to look for it!

Latest posts