TWRA Seeking Comments

Hawk

NASHVILLE — The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is now soliciting comments on the 2024-25 hunting season dates and regulations. The comment period is open Dec. 15 through Jan. 15, 2024.

This is an opportunity for the public to share ideas and opinions about hunting seasons and regulations with TWRA. Public comments will be considered by Agency staff and may be included in proposed regulations. Comments can be made by accessing the website: https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/twra/wildlife-survey.html.

A preview of the Agency's recommendations for the hunting seasons will be made at the March meeting of the Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission and the final recommendations made at the April meeting.

MidTennFisher

Does TWRA solely set the regulations or do they have someone else to answer to? I'm wondering if, instead of your comments being ignored by TWRA, you can go over their heads maybe to your state reps/senators and get the changes you want to see implemented? Especially with regards to the deer slaughter in West TN. I haven't lived in TN in over 7 years so I don't remember how all that works there.

We've had to do that here in SC to get Sunday hunting allowed on WMA. It was always allowed on private, but SCDNR loves nothing more than to screw public land hunters by taking away 50% of the average working man's opportunity to hunt. So we lobbied our legislators and a law was passed over the Summer to direct SCDNR to allow Sunday hunting on public lands.

ronnycl

Does TWRA solely set the regulations or do they have someone else to answer to? I'm wondering if, instead of your comments being ignored by TWRA, you can go over their heads maybe to your state reps/senators and get the changes you want to see implemented? Especially with regards to the deer slaughter in West TN. I haven't lived in TN in over 7 years so I don't remember how all that works there.

We've had to do that here in SC to get Sunday hunting allowed on WMA. It was always allowed on private, but SCDNR loves nothing more than to screw public land hunters by taking away 50% of the average working man's opportunity to hunt. So we lobbied our legislators and a law was passed over the Summer to direct SCDNR to allow Sunday hunting on public lands.
Commissioners ........I can't express my thoughts here without being expelled.

Planking

That's good advice. TWRA knows about the thermal road poaching ring that's been installed at my home and they haven't done a dang thing about udating their rules so they could at least get it out of the street. Im speaking to state reps and the U.S Fish and Wildlife from now on.

scn

That's good advice. TWRA knows about the thermal road poaching ring that's been installed at my home and they haven't done a dang thing about udating their rules so they could at least get it out of the street. Im speaking to state reps and the U.S Fish and Wildlife from now on.
I honestly hate that you are having to deal with that foolishness.

Out of curiosity, what change in rules do you propose to make your situation better?

Latest posts