Twfc meeting

drake799

Just watched the TWFC meeting and of all the stats they showed the one that caught my attention most was the one that showed what percentage of applicants were from by region. According to my eyes 83% were from Region 1&2 (West and Middle Tn). It's hard to for me to believe any "survey" they sent out came back as a majority wanting computer draws lol.

Also another stat that was interesting was of the 437 blinds 261 were by individuals. With being able to put in as parties and all having a fair chance at drawing Why would people still apply as individuals?! My thinking is what the TWRA is supposedly trying to stop. SELLING BLINDS Of course you never know people true intentions. But that's a lot of blinds drawn by individuals. And TWRA gave them the deal of the century allowing people to apply for a measly $14!!!! Just my .02

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Just watched the TWFC meeting and of all the stats they showed the one that caught my attention most was the one that showed what percentage of applicants were from by region. According to my eyes 83% were from Region 1&2 (West and Middle Tn). It's hard to for me to believe any "survey" they sent out came back as a majority wanting computer draws lol.

Also another stat that was interesting was of the 437 blinds 261 were by individuals. With being able to put in as parties and all having a fair chance at drawing Why would people still apply as individuals?! My thinking is what the TWRA is supposedly trying to stop. SELLING BLINDS Of course you never know people true intentions. But that's a lot of blinds drawn by individuals. And TWRA gave them the deal of the century allowing people to apply for a measly $14!!!! Just my .02
I know one guy that entered the draw solo based on the fiasco last year of party being 1 entry. He didn't notice tht party of 8 was 8 entries this year, and had already put in solo before he found out.

West_Tn

I wish they would have said what blinds are now tier 4. How hard would that have been to add to their little slide show.

Smashdn

I put in solo because there is no benefit to being in a group. I can pick the blinds according to my preference.

Or at least I thought that was how the draw was supposed to work.

Dodge Man

I put in solo because there is no benefit to being in a group. I can pick the blinds according to my preference.

Or at least I thought that was how the draw was supposed to work.
The only benefit to putting in a group should be that if you get drawn then multiple people have a card to hunt the blind.

Dodge Man

Puttin in as a single is great till your buddies show up one day and you're not there and someone else in your blind lol
A lot of the blinds at Tigrett where I normally put in to draw require multiple boats. Run the river climb the bank and get in a second boat to drive to the blind. Unless the river is high enough to drive straight to the blind there is 100% chance nobody is hoping the blind.

Levee Jumper

A lot of the blinds at Tigrett where I normally put in to draw require multiple boats. Run the river climb the bank and get in a second boat to drive to the blind. Unless the river is high enough to drive straight to the blind there is 100% chance nobody is hoping the blind.
A group of 6-8 guys with 3 or 4 kayaks could jump 3 or 4 of them daily and get to hunt most days in a really good blind.

Dodge Man

A group of 6-8 guys with 3 or 4 kayaks could jump 3 or 4 of them daily and get to hunt most days in a really good blind.
I have never seen it happen in the 20+ years I have been doing this type hunting. They will also have to get up really early. We are usually in the blind an hour or 2 before sunrise. 99% of the time we have a card holder with us anyway. It would be a lot of trouble for a group to try to hop those blinds only to have a card holder come in 30 minutes before shooting time.

Levee Jumper

I have never seen it happen in the 20+ years I have been doing this type hunting. They will also have to get up really early. We are usually in the blind an hour or 2 before sunrise. 99% of the time we have a card holder with us anyway. It would be a lot of trouble for a group to try to hop those blinds only to have a card holder come in 30 minutes before shooting time.
A single card holder each is all the F, G and H blinds have this year with the exception of a group 3 hours away. I would venture to bet a guy could hunt one of those most days out of the year if he and his group really wanted to. I think some should try to, maybe it would cut down on the solo blind holders BS.

Dodge Man

A single card holder each is all the F, G and H blinds have this year with the exception of a group 3 hours away. I would venture to bet a guy could hunt one of those most days out of the year if he and his group really wanted to. I think some should try to, maybe it would cut down on the solo blind holders BS.
I know my group has G, it will have 8 people in it 60 days no doubt. I am not sure about the rest, but no question G will always be hunted. It is also a long haul from the river and impossible to walk to.

Levee Jumper

I know my group has G, it will have 8 people in it 60 days no doubt. I am not sure about the rest, but no question G will always be hunted. It is also a long haul from the river and impossible to walk to.
Long haul indeed lol!

Not that I think you are really hunting G1, but I would tend to just not say anything about where I hunted in general. 0% chance a fellow from Davidson county is going to be there every day.

Attachments

• E3F03E86-4705-4D6C-9921-DB4C25596AEF.jpeg
    E3F03E86-4705-4D6C-9921-DB4C25596AEF.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 51

Levee Jumper

On a side note if I were to try the strategy as discussed I would make sure the person listed below was asking me to leave before I did so.
BDD257AF-C02E-4D9E-ABE9-27CF8858A7BC.jpeg

Dodge Man

If you want to make the 20-30 boat ride up river, climb the bank. Pull your extra boat up the bank and 50 yards to the water only to paddle out to a blind 3-4 hours before sunrise. To hunt somebody else's decoys and use there equipment and cooking supplies? You are likely looking for a fight with a lot of people in this area if you try to hop a blind that way. Right or wrong most draw blinds don't have a card holder in them every day. But most groups that draw set them up and hunt them 60 days.

Levee Jumper

If you want to make the 20-30 boat ride up river, climb the bank. Pull your extra boat up the bank and 50 yards to the water only to paddle out to a blind 3-4 hours before sunrise. To hunt somebody else's decoys and use there equipment and cooking supplies? You are likely looking for a fight with a lot of people in this area if you try to hop a blind that way. Right or wrong most draw blinds don't have a card holder in them every day. But most groups that draw set them up and hunt them 60 days.
But you have a card holder with you 99% of the time so you will be OK 99% of the time. And why 3-4 hours before sunrise if you have a card holder coming?