Feb Commission meeting

drake799

Minimum party size for tier 1 or 2 drawing has been set to 4, max is 8.
I actually agree with this one. Something needed to be done to stop the big groups from applying as individuals and still having people left accumulating points IMO

Levee Jumper

I actually agree with this one. Something needed to be done to stop the big groups from applying as individuals and still having people left accumulating points IMO
Likely It will just cost everybody another $108 per year to put 3 people that don't hunt in for all 3 draws. Making it no less fair but making the state much more money.

drake799

Are people not gonna be required to but the license and wma permits now?! Maybe I misunderstood that.

drake799

Like I said I just don't want the groups of 50,75,200 all putting in as individuals drawing these spots then bringing all their buddies making it harder for everyone else to draw. Basically "cheating the system". Sure this is unpopular opinion with some But it help keep some these points in check I think

Levee Jumper

Like I said I just don't want the groups of 50,75,200 all putting in as individuals drawing these spots then bringing all their buddies making it harder for everyone else to draw. Basically "cheating the system". Sure this is unpopular opinion with some But it help keep some these points in check I think
I don't disagree. I just think the state will end up letting anybody draw without required license for $12. That will not fix the issue, just make it harder and more expensive to game the system.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Are people not gonna be required to but the license and wma permits now?! Maybe I misunderstood that.
As I understand it, Tier I will require the same licenses and permits the old hand held local draw did, and Tier II will be same as any other quota hunt, pay the fee, or have a sportsman's license. And it looks like Tier I will require you to be a resident of the state as well.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
As if it couldn't get any more difficult. It's like interpreting tax code at this point. TWRA is becoming the IRS…
They need their wings clipped…
They need to be abolished and turned over to the government.
At least getting screwed wouldn't come as a surprise!!!
Sorriest agency I have ever seen!

Smashdn

I may misunderstand but how is putting in as a single or a group different? Before if a group [of four] was drawn you would have one drawn hunter and 3 others who were "sign ons." Or an individual was drawn by himself, he alone was the cardholder and without him being there the blind could be hopped by whomever provided they got to the blind first.

Only thing the group does, as far as I understand it, is force four or more guys to agree on which blinds to put in for and what order.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I may misunderstand but how is putting in as a single or a group different? Before if a group [of four] was drawn you would have one drawn hunter and 3 others who were "sign ons." Or an individual was drawn by himself, he alone was the cardholder and without him being there the blind could be hopped by whomever provided they got to the blind first.

Only thing the group does, as far as I understand it, is force four or more guys to agree on which blinds to put in for and what order.

Was there a sign-on process the past 2 years for Season-long/Tier 1 blinds? With a computerized draw, seems you'd need to apply as a group to begin with it you wanted numerous cardholders.

Four guys in a group requires agreement, but it also means a Tier II is more likely to be hunted. It doesn't all depend on one guy's schedule.

drake799

If people were signons they all had a card to the blind. My point about liking the draws requiring atleast 4 people per group is it stops these big groups from
All applying as individuals and drawing blinds and saving their buddies points to draw another blind at another time I've seen the draw list since we've been on the computer draws. Most of these blinds are individually drawn. But come hunting season they're magically filled with men. I think very very few people don't have 3 other hunting members to apply with. And even fewer hunt by themselves It's just a good way to eliminate some peoples point

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I didn't realize there was a mechanism for sign-ons with the computer drawing for season-long blinds/Tier 1's.

That defeated the purpose of trying to stop the buying and selling of blinds. Can't really buy them now that the cards are limited to 4-8 guys on the application. They should have done that from the get-go when they went computerized, 2 years ago.

WilcoKen

Survey reponse data they put up there was: "__________"?
Fill in the blank. I know my answer. I am so sickened by the public duck hunting system the TWRA has created here. Based off these jokes of surveys/responses they fabricate. n=BS.

Smashdn

Was there a sign-on process the past 2 years for Season-long/Tier 1 blinds? With a computerized draw, seems you'd need to apply as a group to begin with it you wanted numerous cardholders.

Four guys in a group requires agreement, but it also means a Tier II is more likely to be hunted. It doesn't all depend on one guy's schedule.
Why is the one guy putting in for that date of he can't hunt it?

How many days I hunt when drawn is my business. What screwed the deal was not hopping blinds. If the drawn guy (or sign ons) can't hunt, they should be able to be hopped if someone else wants to hunt it.

You (collective) don't care if it is more likely to be hunted if it can be hopped.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Why is the one guy putting in for that date of he can't hunt it?

How many days I hunt when drawn is my business. What screwed the deal was not hopping blinds. If the drawn guy (or sign ons) can't hunt, they should be able to be hopped if someone else wants to hunt it.

You (collective) don't care if it is more likely to be hunted if it can be hopped.
I put in solo because after the first online draw fiasco, I don't trust Brandt to get it right. Same with the guys I hunt with. I have the flexibility with work that I can take time off as long as I have it banked, and I usually have a bunch banked at the end of the year. I was fortunate enough to draw a blind mid and late segment both, and we hunted all 4 days both times.

Latest posts