Serious question regarding the upcoming commission meeting.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
As of right now the duck blind draw is on the agenda for the meeting on February 18th.
A show of 8-10 people to speak at this meeting would go a LONG way to help stop this maddness.

What would be ideal is 1 or 2 from each area of the state where the WMA's are located.
This way they could say, I hunt at WMA XXX and this is why this is such a stupid idea.

Professional and angry yet polite would be perfect.

I am going to see if I can manage it but I don't know yet if I can or not.
I hate they have these during the middle of the week but it is what it is.

The commissioners (that want this to happen) feel they can pass it or they wouldn't have put it on the agenda but it is NOT a done deal, they can be swung as it has happened in the past.
A similar but not nearly as stupid form of this got shot down a couple years ago.

Sounds to me like there are 1 or 2 that want it (which aligns with my previous information) but the rest of them very well could be swayed to vote it down.

Would anyone else be able to attend?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hey Ruger where is the meeting?
This is what it says on the website:

NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency will present its proposal for changes to public land duck hunting to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commission for consideration at its Feb. 18-19 meeting. The meeting will be held in Franklin at the Marriott of Cool Springs.

WilcoKen

If you can't go still consider contacting your state rep/senator. I THINK what the commission approves still has to go to the state legislative committee for approval since it would be a rule change.

Stlbaseball1

I think anyone with a genuine interest either for or against should contact commissioners AND legislators. Remember, if there is something you disagree with in the proposal, provide a suggested solution.

Safari Hunt

Legislators have nothing to do with fish and game laws. States that do have more problems than they can handle. Attend the meeting or call or email the commission members. They are listed online on the TWRA site and inside each regulations booklet.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Legislators have nothing to do with fish and game laws. States that do have more problems than they can handle. Attend the meeting or call or email the commission members. They are listed online on the TWRA site and inside each regulations booklet.
Legislators can and do affect and make some game laws. This is why albino deer are protected in TN, a legislators wife thought they were too pretty to shoot, so he submitted legislation and it was passed to outlaw the hunting of albino deer. This is just one example, but I'm pretty sure there are others.

Stlbaseball1

When your commissioner representative doesn't respond, you contact your legislator. Commissioners are appointed by Governor. They play politics, why can't we?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
When your commissioner representative doesn't respond, you contact your legislator. Commissioners are appointed by Governor. They play politics, why can't we?
I started with the governor, then the speaker of the house, then senate, my rep, TWRA and then every one of the commissioners.
Three times.
ONE commissioner and my rep were the ONLY two replies I got.

tickweed

I do know we have some commissioners who are against these changes, who feel as if maybe not the route they need to take. Some have went to certain wmas and looked first hand. I think they are really looking at maybe stepping back some. Im all for reducing pressure on all waterfowl wmas, maybe reducing the hours some, days some, for the overall good . I think that would be a much better route. leave the blinds alone, stay computer. Keep your fingers crossed.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I do know we have some commissioners who are against these changes, who feel as if maybe not the route they need to take. Some have went to certain wmas and looked first hand. I think they are really looking at maybe stepping back some. Im all for reducing pressure on all waterfowl wmas, maybe reducing the hours some, days some, for the overall good . I think that would be a much better route. leave the blinds alone, stay computer. Keep your fingers crossed.
Sounding better.
I hope at least a few people are able to go to the meeting.
I am trying but it ain't looking good for me.

Bgoodman30

I might go to the meeting since its close to the house. Although I don't agree with you that all the the changes are crazy and stupid.