Feb Commission meeting

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Proclamation change for next duck season will merge Reelfoot Zone dates to be the same as statewide, even though it will remain a separate zone for the next 5 years for the Feds. Rules and regulations changes come up sometime at tomorrows session. Wonder what they're gonna mess up with those. From Dr. Cohen's presentation last month, it won't surprise me to see spinning wing decoys banned on WMAs.

cmn

Proclamation change for next duck season will merge Reelfoot Zone dates to be the same as statewide, even though it will remain a separate zone for the next 5 years for the Feds. Rules and regulations changes come up sometime at tomorrows session. Wonder what they're gonna mess up with those. From Dr. Cohen's presentation last month, it won't surprise me to see spinning wing decoys banned on WMAs.
many guides and hunters requested this change

Kritter Gitter

As I watched the most recent meeting, I continuously shook my head. It started with ole Jamie Fedderson. This guy has absolutely no business being in charge of anything to do with hunting. He is always so freakin clueless. It really made me mad the he referred to the WMAs as "our WMAs." NO, they are OUR WMAs (the residents of this state)!! You guys are just, for some stupid reason, in charge of managing them. I have said it time and time again, we really need a STATE DNR, not these clowns in charge of OUR resources!! I am really glad though that we will now have 365 day licenses!

Kritter Gitter

Pretty laughable take.

Since they are in charge of managing them, and most are hunters as well using them, I can't see much wrong with the "ours".

Sort of glad seeing them take ownership of what they are doing.
😂 Taking ownership?! I wish they would, especially when they screw up! Only thing laughable is that you would defend them!

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Well I'm going to have to eat some crow…I'm watching now and they are discussing the drawing process for tier blinds.
Will be interesting to see what changes they come up with. One thing I saw when they put up a slide right before the break was return to in-person drawing, but don't have to be present to "win". Which implies that there will still be computerized entry(or something else like maybe phone in) for an in-person draw, like they did for the leftover permits this past season.

WilcoKen

Will be interesting to see what changes they come up with. One thing I saw when they put up a slide right before the break was return to in-person drawing, but don't have to be present to "win". Which implies that there will still be computerized entry(or something else like maybe phone in) for an in-person draw, like they did for the leftover permits this past season.

I recommended they do a hybrid in person draw. With Zoom and other teleconference options being mainstream now I don't know why they could not accommodate both in person and virtual attendees. This way, those in attendance could see the cards go in and the cards that got drawn come out. The trust factor with the computer draw is not there—too many screw ups this last 2 years.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
blind 1.jpg

blind 2.jpg

So far, In person draw is a mis-statement, it looks to be an in person award process for a computerized draw, not names going into a barrel like what has been asked for.

Kritter Gitter

They do some stuff that is worth whining about. But to complain about "our" is a major reach and laughable.
I don't think you are fully understanding the comment. It was to mean that they think that they own these WMAs, not the public at large. Yes, they may be hunters as well but that wasn't the context. But I'm not gonna go back and forth with you because you are one of "them" so there's no point. Have a great day!

flyinpro

If I ever draw a blind, I'm gonna need a guide to find it and a rules official to interpret applicable rules. Gee

We talking about banning MoJo's now?