Turkey hunting boots

hbg1

I ended up buying Irish setter, it was a mistake. First trip out they leaked, returned them promptly

Rakkin6

I have the Lacrosse Grange boots in the bottom land pattern. To me they are comfortable to walk in, lightweight and not outrageously priced. If it is a little cooler I will wear my Lowas and wear snake gaiters with both of them and no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSK

I've tried a bunch of snake boots but keep coming back to Rocky snake boots. I know the more popular models have a lot of seams, and that is where they will first start to leak, but I've tried the seamless varieties of snake boot and they are way too stiff for the amount of hiking I do.

TheLBLman

I ended up buying Irish setter, it was a mistake. First trip out they leaked, returned them promptly
I've heard many people state their Setters (and Rockys) would leak when new.
My current pair of Setters is my 3rd, and I've yet to have any of them leak before being nearly worn out. Guess I've just been lucky.

With the IS VaprTrek, I can get my size, which is not available in so many other brands.

Not that the VaprTreks aren't good hikers, but am looking forward to experimenting with some better "hiking" boots paired with snake gaiters (when needed).

Setterman

I've heard many people state their Setters (and Rockys) would leak when new.
My current pair of Setters is my 3rd, and I've yet to have any of them leak before being nearly worn out. Guess I've just been lucky.

With the IS VaprTrek, I can get my size, which is not available in so many other brands.

Not that the VaprTreks aren't good hikers, but am looking forward to experimenting with some better "hiking" boots paired with snake gaiters (when needed).
I really really liked the Crispi boots and gaiter combo this year. IMO it was game changing, comfortable as hell and really good traction/support. I will never buy another pair of snake boots.

One thing I might advise is a more flexible pair of Crispi boots. I like and need the hardcore boots for where I hunt and the terrain. Others might not