Other animals called in while turkey hunting.

Hymie3

Was sitting on a steep ridge one morning and had some turkeys coming my way. Was soft calling and everything went quiet. No turkeys answering me or any kind of sound. After a couple minutes I felt something staring at me so I slowly turned around to look up the ridge and a bobcat was about twenty yards above me and from me. He was just staring at me silently not moving at all. We stared at each other for a few minutes and I eventually reached down to get my phone to video. When I did his posture changed and he went in to another mode I didn't like. So I set my phone down and just watched him for a while. He eventually just calmly walked away.

Hymie3

Also, I don't think I called it in but I was sitting on the edge of a powerline early one morning and I was calling when I heard something coming up behind me moving at a descent pace. I decided not to turn around and look but about that time a 350-400 lb black bear come busting out of the woods right beside me half running. It didn't really pay me much attention and moved on. Definitely wasn't expecting that but it was cool to see ( in rhea county).

Creek bottoms

I was hunting Osceolas last year in Florida. I had oysters the night before and had a cramp about daylight. I took care of business just inside the orange trees. It wasn't long I heard something slipping up on me. I turned around and a hog weighing probably 300 pounds saw me about the time I saw him. I've never seen a hog run that fast! They can cover some ground!

Carlos

Coyotes and Bobcats, they can get right up on ya sometimes before you know it- always pisses me off too.

Gravey

Coyote and bobcat. Was hunting years ago with a buddy and I was sitting on the edge of a field and he was behind me 10 yards or so calling. Next thing I know he yells and I spin around to see a bobcat hauling butt out of there. He said it came in and then crouched down, went in sneak mode and then started to pounce on him. He yelled and stood up and it turned and took off. The pine needles where the cat kicked them up were a few feet from him.

TN Larry

I know a guy that his grandpa had a bobcat slip up behind him and jump on him. It cut his ear bad but got out of there as soon as it realized that it hadn't pounced on a turkey.

The only thing I've ever had come in was a coon. It may have been a coincidence, but it came in looking.

ROVERBOY

scariest Ive had is skunks that get up on you to close and then you are scared to move incase they freak out and spray you lol.
Oh yeah. That's happened to me too. Didn't get sprayed but, it got a little too close.

Latest posts