Turkey Hunting and Gas Question?

eddie c

most expensive turkey meat ever. Save your gas and go to the local store and buy a butterball. You will come out way ahead. :)

Now if you want to shoot a jake because it's legal and you like to watch stuff flop, that's your perogative.
True but you can't enjoy nature in a supermarket. Same with deer hunting. And fishing. Wild turkey tastes better than butterball also.

fairchaser

My turkey lease is 45 miles away. Hadn't given it a second thought. A crappie fishing trip costs much more because I'm driving further, pulling a boat and buying gas for the boat too. Maybe I need to figure out the cost per pound of turkey breast, crappie filets and venison backstraps. Nah, better not.

tree_ghost

Well I spent a heck of a lot on gas and don't have a single freaking Turkey to show for it…didn't manage to find a Tom that was henless all season and I'm honestly to impatient of a Turkey hunter to sit him out for hours on end and apparently I'm not skilled enough to break him off his ladies either…. Good news is is that i should have a healthy flock to go after next year if they can manage to keep themselves alive till then…

Carlos

I leave my home and drive anywhere from 4- 15 miles, tops and I'm in prime Gobbler territory.
Hopefully before long they'll move into the back 40.
Of course I probably wouldn't shoot 'em here at the house, I'd rather name them as (wild) yard pets.

themanpcl

Like many, I'll be hunting regardless of gas prices. If it means giving up something else, so be it. My out of state scouting and hunts will remain as well.