Turkey Hunting and Gas Question?

Wrangler95

I am pretty lucky to have all my hunting spots within 10 miles of my home.With the gas sitiuation,are any of you driving a pretty long distance to turkey hunt and how will it affect your hunting spots,will you just hunt some of your closer spots or will the price of gas not matter to you?

Gravey

I have a 3 1/2-to-4-hour drive to farm I lease. Farm is absolutely covered up with birds. So... maybe. I don't have a crystal ball, but it does not look good.
Hickman county if I remember correctly. I'll be happy to check it out when I'm down at our lease. 😆

I'm an hour and a half away (appx 80 or so miles). I typically only get to hunt the weekends because of the distance so probably won't alter much. I don't get to go every weekend anyway. Ren and Coker are gonna take me so that'll be a little closer. 🤷‍♂️🤣

RobDooley

Hickman county if I remember correctly. I'll be happy to check it out when I'm down at our lease. 😆

I'm an hour and a half away (appx 80 or so miles). I typically only get to hunt the weekends because of the distance so probably won't alter much. I don't get to go every weekend anyway. Ren and Coker are gonna take me so that'll be a little closer. 🤷‍♂️🤣
Your too good to me. The Love's station at Christiana exit was my stop for many, many years until it just got so crowded. If I have emergency mud butt, I will still stop. Once I get on 840 there really is a good exit to stop. Honestly, if I was a really good turkey hunter, I believe I could limit out.

Ladys man

My lease is 100 miles from the house I was planning on at least once this year ( not much of a Turkey hunter) but if I go close to home on TVA I drive the civic. I'd drive the civic to the lease but the lease roads wouldn't be nice to her.

CATCHDAWG

Won't affect me at all. My hunting property is seven minutes from my house. The payment and maintenance on said property is a different story though.
I'll also edit to say that I'm not a big turkey hunter. If I can kill one, I'm happy. I like to have that schnitzel at deer camp. Once I kill a bird, it's off to a trout stream.

Last edited:

762hunter

I have a company car that pays for the gas. The way I see it the more I use it the more of a benefit it is. That is until the company changes things which can happen at any time.
I plan to be all over W Tn this season and then as season ends I have a trip Plano for S Dakota.

SJS

I am pretty lucky to have all my hunting spots within 10 miles of my home.With the gas sitiuation,are any of you driving a pretty long distance to turkey hunt and how will it affect your hunting spots,will you just hunt some of your closer spots or will the price of gas not matter to you?
My spot is 820 miles away and I use 100 gallons of gas for the trip. Do the math! Ugh!

Latest posts