TN fans only, a What If?

UCStandSitter

You're right! I live 3 miles from there. I miss that old Fred's. They had a lot of Tennessee, Alabama, Memphis, and occasionally some State or Ole Miss. I used to never see a Georgia license plate or bumper sticker. Shocker: I see a lot of them now. Definitely still outnumbered by the Alabama stuff though.
Worked at a Fred's for a time while I was a senior in high school. Hated that place with a passion. :)

Cannonball1

Ok Forrest... run back to your Saban Shrine...
I wouldn't refer to him as Forrest. Mr. Gump definitely wouldn't be on a forum dedicated to hunting in the state of TENNESSEE, arguing on how great his team is and how bad TENNESSEE is with a bunch of VOL fans. Forrest's Mama taught him stupid is as stupid does. Apparently some of the bama fans aren't intelligent enough to comprehend that phrase.

Spurhunter

I wouldn't refer to him as Forrest. Mr. Gump definitely wouldn't be on a forum dedicated to hunting in the state of TENNESSEE, arguing on how great his team is and how bad TENNESSEE is with a bunch of VOL fans. Forrest's Mama taught him stupid is as stupid does. Apparently some of the bama fans aren't intelligent enough to comprehend that phrase.
It's rare that I award Post of the Year in July and to such a new member, but you nailed it sir! Well done. Enjoy your award!

PillsburyDoughboy

Oh God GIF by DuroflexWorld

Displaced_Vol

The gut reaction is to say Bama, but man there could be a lot of implications at play if we were able to knock off Georgia. If everything goes according to script GA will be the #1 team in the country when they roll into Neyland. It's far from a lock, but certainly not unreasonable to expect that game to decide the SEC east. So even losing in Tuscaloosa, you get to the SEC Championship and there's still plenty to play for.
Have to pick one, for 2023, give me Georgia and let the chips fall where they may after that.

Displaced_Vol

Man it all comes down to this right here...

I would take GA too even though beating the Gumps twice in a row would be great.
Milton yes, but I honestly think the O-Line will be as if not more important. Darnell Wright is a big hole to fill up there, plus the tempo puts a lot of pressure on a functioning o-line. Even if Milton improves his overall mobility it's not fair to expect him to get out of a bad situation the way Hooker could, meaning solid blocking will be even more important.

Spurhunter

The gut reaction is to say Bama, but man there could be a lot of implications at play if we were able to knock off Georgia. If everything goes according to script GA will be the #1 team in the country when they roll into Neyland. It's far from a lock, but certainly not unreasonable to expect that game to decide the SEC east. So even losing in Tuscaloosa, you get to the SEC Championship and there's still plenty to play for.
Have to pick one, for 2023, give me Georgia and let the chips fall where they may after that.
My head says you are right. I know you are right. But the hatred runs too deep for me. Implications be damned. Beat alabama at all costs.

Bone Collector

Milton yes, but I honestly think the O-Line will be as if not more important. Darnell Wright is a big hole to fill up there, plus the tempo puts a lot of pressure on a functioning o-line. Even if Milton improves his overall mobility it's not fair to expect him to get out of a bad situation the way Hooker could, meaning solid blocking will be even more important.
that is definitely the #2 ?. These are the two things I worry about a little bit... but hey FL, GA, and AL are all replacing their QBs too and I would say Milton is the most familiar with his offense of the group.

PalsPal

OK, OK, how about this:

We lose to Bama, beat GA, THEN beat BAMA in the SEC Champ game !!!!

Wednesday Morning GIF by MOODMAN

Spurhunter

OK, OK, how about this:

We lose to Bama, beat GA, THEN beat BAMA in the SEC Champ game !!!!
How about this:

We never lose to alabama again, Bandwagon Nation's Tennessee Chapter collapses, the 2 trolls leave the forum never to be heard from again, alabama fans start calling for Saban's head, he retires, they go through years of coaching changes and losing seasons, and become a non factor in college football while losing the Iron Bowl for 10 straight years. I like that scenario a lot better.

UCStandSitter

How about this:

We never lose to alabama again, Bandwagon Nation's Tennessee Chapter collapses, the 2 trolls leave the forum never to be heard from again, alabama fans start calling for Saban's head, he retires, they go through years of coaching changes and losing seasons, and become a non factor in college football while losing the Iron Bowl for 10 straight years. I like that scenario a lot better.
Second

PalsPal

How about this:

Well, that does sound better.

PillsburyDoughboy

Better fire up the SMS messages folks. Because someone is fixing to get a earful:)

ALABAMA fans are never calling for Saban's head. He could lose every game between now and his last day at ALABAMA and ALABAMA fans would be just fine with that. He has done the ALABAMA fan base proud and his record speaks for itself. There will NEVER be a coach to beat his record again. Yes I know we said that about Bear Bryant. We were WRONG. ALABAMA just has the History and Heritage of making Great coaches the GOATS!

Latest posts