Tikka T3X and Hornady ammo

timberghost35

So I have a question for you fellas who know more about this than me. I have always shot a 30.06, but decided I needed a new toy. Found a really REALLY good deal on a Tikka t3x Stainless Hunter. (Wood stock, stainless fluted barrel) in 7mag. Now here is my question.... I have literally looked for ammo everywhere and finally found a box of Hornady EXDL Precision Hunter in 162g. This what is people are saying these guns love and actually my buddy has one and this is what he shoots. Anyway, with the shortage right now, this is literally the only box I can find anywhere. So instead of wasting these to get it sighted in, could I buy a box of the Hornady SST Superformance in 162g and get it zero'd in, them shoot a few shots of the Precision Hunter to make sure it's still good? Atleast until I can find more Precision Hunter...

timberghost35

Yea I can find the SST anywhere I look, but not the Precision Hunter. Cypress. Reek in Dyer had some until some dingle berry walked in and literally bought every box they had.

I finally found 1 box at Final Flight and it was their last box.

timberghost35

Nevermind. TennTrapper you were right... they did have it in stock. Just ordered me a couple boxes. They must have just added back in stock today cause I looked everywhere last night and no one had it. Thanks again!!

Latest posts