Bergara vs Tikka

Biggun4214

I'm trying to decide between buying a Bergara and a Tikka. Bergara has a new rifle, Sierra, that should be out in April that has caught my eye. I'm also looking at a Tikka Roughteck. Whichever I decide on will be a 3006. Both have fluted barrels and bolt, muzzle brakes, 22 inch barrels, and a1 in 10 twist.

TboneD

No experience with Tikka but my buddy loves his Bergara 6.5 CM and it's absolutely a shooter. Only thing about it is it is NOT a light rifle, but it sounds like Bergara has addressed that with the one you've got your eye on.

TNBillyEarl

I like both. The Tikka is under 7 lbs and the Bergara will be over 7 based on their UK website. Both are easy to customize. I personally like the Tikka trigger better than the current Bergara offering, but who knows. I would want a flush magazine on the Bergara, but do like the new stock design. -B

TNRifleman

It's hard to say anything bad about the Tikkas as I have owned a few and they have generally been pretty accurate. However, I believe the Bergara rifles have several distinct advantages over them. First, being a Remington 700 footprint is a huge plus for Bergara, especially when looking for aftermarket parts like bases, triggers and stocks. The other issue with the Tikkas is that their stocks are really flimsy and their bottom metal is polymer. I cracked two separate bottom metals of Tikkas just torquing to spec. The Bergara bottom metal is truly metal and the stocks are all at least pillar bedded with a few having aluminum chassis embedded. The last thing that is more of an annoyance to me is that putting a rail on top of Tikkas dovetail rail puts the scope higher than I like. I know that there is at least a couple of brands of rings that come in models that directly attach to the dovetail, I just like more flexibility in choosing rings. Finally, Bergara customer service is great if you need it. I had a bad experience with Tikka when I needed a replacement magazine retention spring. I couldn't get ahold of anyone at Tikka/Beretta at the time and lucked into one from a guy online. That was 4-5 years ago though.

Ridgeline300

I have no experience with tikka personally but have always heard good things. I own and have shot several bergaras and everyone I've shot was a real tack driver. Unlike the post above, I actually love the triggers on bergara rifles, they all have been awesome right out of the box.

Jcalder

The one I'm looking at specs says 1:10. Tikka's website is a bear.
I just did a google search and checked on europtics website and it said 1:11. But I do know they've changed a few, so what I looked at could be old stock. My 1:11 shoots just fine, so I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

I've owned several bergaras and tikkas. Bergara has a much better finish. I like the tikka action, trigger, and safety mechanism much better than the bergara. The tikka stocks aren't near as nice as the bergara offerings. I would expect either to shoot equally well. Everyone gripes about the bergara weight, but you can get one lite if you buy the right model. That one that you're looking at is right above 7 pounds which isn't bad. Not sure what the roughtech weighs.

Ridgeline300

I have no idea which one is better, they both seem to have good reviews. But it makes me sad to see so many of you buying foreign guns. 😥
Made in America by Mexicans is about what everything is going to. Quality is way down in America right now and I'm seeing it first hand with the company I work for. Sad times for sure. I personally buy Christensen if I can.

DaveTN

Made in America by Mexicans is about what everything is going to. Quality is way down in America right now and I'm seeing it first hand with the company I work for. Sad times for sure. I personally buy Christensen if I can.
Thank you for buying American. I'm a retired Toolmaker that was working in quality (CMM programmer) when I retired. We were making airplane parts for all the big names. So, I'm absolutely sure Americans have the ability to build quality products. But I know what you mean about companies cutting quality, we are seeing it in many things. And customer support is now non-existent, no matter where the product is made.

Biggun4214

I personally buy Christensen if I can.

Both Tikka and Bergara seem to be as good or better for about half the price.

And customer support is now non-existent, no matter where the product is made.

BPI, which owns CVA and Bergara, has always had top notch customer service when I have needed something.

hillbill

Bergara is a good gun
Tikka gets my vote hands down, I have never shot one that was not a shooter out of the box, with a trigger spring change, aluminum bottom metal and bolt shroud on some models, you are in business.
Lots of aftermarket goodies out there these days for these guns and for good reason, IMO as good as it gets for the money.

Latest posts