Bergara vs Tikka

Remi

I'm a Tikka man myself.

For older stuff the Remington Mountain Rifles and the Ruger MKII 77 or Hawkeye are definitely my favorites but for anything new pass me the Tikka.

FredRog72

I don't have a Bergara even though I have lusted over a few in the store, but I do have a Tikka. It's the T3X Hunter in 270 Win. It is my favorite rifle now without question. Very accurate regardless of what I stuff in the tube. It's fairly light and does thump the shoulder but it's a hunting gun so it doesn't bother me.

Crow Terminator

I bet I drove to the gun stores 5 or 6 different times handling the Tikka and Bergara before I finally made my mind up. I ultimately went with the Tikka. My main 2 factors were...the weight and calibers in stock. I've been down that road with the Sendero guns on weight...awesome tack driving guns but HEAVY to carry and difficult to shoot off handed because of being barrel heavy ended. That's how I felt the Bergara was going to be. The other factor was the calibers. Every store I went to, didn't have a .270 in stock. They could get one possibly. But one store did have a Tikka in 308 that I ultimately bought. No regrets! It looks good and shots even better.

Biggun4214

After handling several plus Christensen. The weight difference between Tikka and Bergara isn't that much. For the ammo I'm probably gonna shoot the Tikka rate of twist is slower than what I want. Price is very similar between the two. As far as Christensen goes I'm not sure I like the break in on those. The Bergara also has an adjustable cheek piece. I'm going to order a Bergara Sierra. Also I have always had great service with BPI.

Crow Terminator

The Bergara was the rifle that I had picked solely on stats and YouTube reviews, etc. As soon as I picked one up though, I said "there's no way that rifle is 7 lbs". The balance of it makes it feel like a 9 lb rifle to me. But I am talking about the B14 Wilderness model. I couldn't find any of their other rifles in stock. The one you picked is more inline with a 6 pounder like the Tikka.

Latest posts