Thoughts on TN/Bama

TeamMainStreet

Just some observations. Going into this game TN had not scored a touchdown in the last 2 SEC games. Running game was non existent. 0 SEC wins with an overall record of 3-4. Bama comes to Knoxville coming off of a 59-0 win against A&M ranked #4. Kiffin comes out swinging and TN D comes out flat not playing man D. Bama goes up 27-0. At this point in the game TN should have been out of it. But they made adjustments, a QB change and fought. In the end it was a loss but consider this. Bama only out rushed TN by 2 yards. They only out passed us by 84 yds. It was pretty even across the board on stats. We had one more turnover than Bama and yes they burnt us on third down for what tonight. They were 11-15 on third down and we were 11-19. UT out scored Bama 10-7 in the second half. If UT hadn't let them jump to a 27-0 lead in the first qtr I think it could have been a nail biter.

Either way, UT lost, Bama won.

Be honest, who lost their tail on the spread?

Hangnail

Not to step on your orange, but Alabama has a history of getting up big on someone and then not being able to get back on the gas. It's happened quite a bit since 2008. I didn't see anything tonight that would lead me to believe the vols are in any danger of beating Alabama anytime soon. Just sayin'. This isn't one of the stronger Saban teams by any stretch.

farmin68

We're all talking about Dobbs' performance, but that offensive line played very well against one of the nation's best defensive lines.

TeamMainStreet

I think Dobbs performance helped out with the O line problems. He released faster and scrambled for yardage instead of taking the sack.

Hangnail

Neyland doesn't own anything or anyone. He's dead. So is Bryant. Don't forget Neyland never coached against Bryant while at Alabama. So...

Why do you care if Alabama loses or wins every game they have left on their schedule? It won't make the vols any better one way or another.

TeamMainStreet

Why do I care if Bama loses? Why do you care if its gonna make the Vols any better? Any day Bama loses is a good day.

THEdonkey0515

I was scared we would have a good team next year with out a QB dont feel tjat way anymore. gotta remeber dobbs has not to a single snap this year lol? and to be tossed into his first game of the year against #4 bama. a team that just shut out Texas A&m who was a top 25 team at the time. he played well.

THEdonkey0515

I was scared we would have a good team next year with out a QB dont feel that way anymore. gotta remeber dobbs has not took a single snap this year lol? and to be tossed into his first game of the year against #4 bama. a team that just shut out Texas A&m who was a top 25 team at the time. he played well.

PalsPal

It was my fault guys. We won 20-7 while I was watching :D . I just couldn't get to the TV in time after taking my daughter hunting.

Obviously Dobb's running ability adds another dimension, and keeps the defense off-balance. We saw with the over throws why he was third string, but he did make some good pass plays earlier.

Was very disappointed with Jones for NOT going for the TDs on fourth down, twice. What do you have to lose? A TD before the half would have been HUGE! By not going for it, I think you send the wrong message to the team.

BTW, there was no gas let-off by Bama. Their first three scores weren't the result of anything other than poor defense, and good play-calling by Kiffin. Oh yeah, Dobbs didn't come in until the third series. Any defense looks great with Peterman behind center.

I loathe Bama, but got to give Kudos to Sims. Kiffin/Saban practically benched him without giving him a shot by getting Coker to come in, but a funny thing happened in that Coker couldn't take it away from him. Sims was the difference in the game. He made the crucial plays when it counted, and without him, it would have been a different game, regardless of the talent difference. Keep in mind, we had freshman playing OL, and one of them played on a torn ACL.

THEdonkey0515

Bama has beat 2 teams by 40pts, 1 team by 59pts, florida by 21pts. they have had there down moments i guess a 10pt win over a good WV team is not good enough. And that road win against a much better arkansas team sucks also they have only been beat by ole miss who just got beat them selfs say what you want about bama but at the moment there a top 3 team and gonna be hard to beat.
I have no shame in my team coming back from 27-0and only get beat by 14 to a team that could go on and win the BCS.

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515 said:
Bama has beat 2 teams by 40pts, 1 team by 59pts, florida by 21pts. they have had there down moments i guess a 10pt win over a good WV team is not good enough. And that road win against a much better arkansas team sucks also they have only been beat by ole miss who just got beat them selfs say what you want about bama but at the moment there a top 3 team and gonna be hard to beat.
I have no shame in my team coming back from 27-0and only get beat by 14 to a team that could go on and win the BCS.

It's been discussed all week that Bama and Simms hasn't played well on the road.

Road games:

VS Ole Miss L 17-23
VS Ark W 14-13
VS TN W 34-20

Home Games

VS WV W 23 - 33
VS So Miss W 52-12
VS FL W 42-21
VS A&M W 59-0

Bama's has one more road game left against LSU

THEdonkey0515

Yupp played awfull on the road they have 1 loss to a top team lol. since when is almost loosing trun into a bad thing its still a W is bama just been so good the last 3 or 4 years.if they dont win every game by 14+ there struggling?

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515 said:
Yupp played awfull on the road they have 1 loss to a top team lol

When you look at the points that Bama scored on the road for the exception of tacking 34 on UT. Bama's offense and Simms haven't done well on the road.

If I use your theory, Ole Miss is not a good team that got beat by LSU when LSU should of lost to FL..... :D

THEdonkey0515

Just saying dont matter how many points they have scored or not scored they have won every game but 1. there gonna be ranked in the top 3 playing in the sec. sounds like a pretty good team. are the team they was a couple years ago? NO! But they got just as good a shot of winning the BCS as anyone. and in the end thats all that matters.

THEdonkey0515

If you took florida,UT,vandy,UK, and many more sec teams and gave them bama's schedule. and they were 7-1 with couple close wins. you would not be hearing there struggling and there not gonna make the playoffs. and all that negative stuff. you would be hearing about how good they was and have played.look at UK this year heard it about them over and over. but because its bama every little thing they do wrong people go crazy about

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515 said:
Just saying dont matter how many points they have scored or not scored they have won every game but 1. there gonna be ranked in the top 3 playing in the sec. sounds like a pretty good team. are the team they was a couple years ago? NO! But they got just as good a shot of winning the BCS as anyone. and in the end thats all that matters.

I think Bama's a good team but even a good team could fall asleep when they go up 27-0 in the first 20 minutes of a ball game.... :)

"Moral Victory???".... :D

Latest posts