The ROY smokes a bomber!!!

AT Hiker

Just curious, but did the team picture make that last video? These 15 people sure look happy and proud of their accomplishments.

View attachment 198602

Call me the Dr Fauchi of urban hunting, Im just here to present facts.

IMG_3733.jpeg

Tennessee280

I would additionally like to hear about the debacles of getting permission to kill "trophy" pets in a small yard.

How is that done?
Is it done under the guise of controlling the deer population?

And not talking about the surrounding yards to where the deer will run, but how do they secure permission to kill a specific known pet deer?

Easy.. $$$$$$$$$$

gladesman60

Crappieaddict

Y'all just a bunch of haters. You ever tried to shoot a bow while swinging on a swing set? It ain't easy, I'm sure. Plus you're wearing those Muck boots and face paint while blowing a grunt call. Also little Sally is on the slide just making all kinds of noise, and then UPS shows up with a package and rings the doorbell, which alerts every deer in the yard. C'mon man.

HoytDawg

Nah. Maybe go listen to the podcast. THE ROY himself said it went maybe 300 yards. Also look up the thread about it on here. Probably whatever you heard isn't true.
I mean i heard it directly from the guy that saw the deer swimming with his own eyes and called roy. As bad as the shot was, i would be surprised if the deer only went 300 yards

Iglow

That river buck video popped up on YouTube last week. Anyone else see it? The video ended about 3 mins after he loosed the arrow. Obviously no retrieval footage. When you see the truth posted here in pics, read all the comments, listen to their podcast, then watch the video, well let's just say I'd doesn't paint a pretty picture.
Will somebody please give a short answer about what happened?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Will somebody please give a short answer about what happened?

AlexDad

I'll be completely transparent and honest, this and $8 might get you a cup of coffee now days and ultimately some of you will agree with me and some will not. I don't watch a ton of the YT hunters but SeekOne and THP were in my rotation. When THP got in bed with Ranch Fairy I was done. This little debacle with SeekOne has done it for me. To be fair if I watched them more I may have dropped them earlier but just didn't watch enough to notice anything.

First off as far as the Urban hunting thing goes, if it's legal and you have permission to retrieve on the surrounding properties I have no problem. People calling the deer "pets" doesn't sway me either. I personally never shot a buck but try to get 6-7 doe for a year's meat. If I had an urban spot with a bunch of doe, I wouldn't care if the lady of the house came out and breast fed them twice a day. I would use the info and pattern to plug one.

I don't care for this guy's "Tennessee redneck" comment. If you don't like us, go home and shoot your deer. I know every bowhunter can unintentionally make a bad shot. When it becomes a pattern and getting the camera shot is more important than the ethical shot I have a problem. Ultimately I believe this is all that camera hunting breeds.

People have made comments about them shooting the Morrell dice target in the back yard and it being residential behind them. I somehow 100% missed what their back drop was because all I could see and comprehend was how crappy they shot. 20-40yds tops and they couldn't hit a 2-3" dot?

If you'll notice, take Jeff Cordero, Whitetail Fit, ElkShape, even Chris Bee and those type and they shoot ALL year, go to 3D and Tac events and get to know their bows. I know shooting at stationary foam is not shooting at a live animal but you can't argue the practice and reps doesn't help when the real thing comes along. When SeekOne switched to Mathews and they were going to shoot one of them made the comment, "I haven't shot in over a month."

I know life happens but if you've spent years shooting all year long and you can't shoot for a month it's much different than barely shooting and trying to cram at the last minute. No matter how you hunt, you should be proficient with your weapon. You can accidentally make a bad shot, things happen. A twig you didn't see, misread a range finder, etc. I'm a firm believer that people don't accidentally make bad decisions, you either have it or you don't.

I gave SeekOne a bit of rope because from the limited videos I'd seen they made religious references and I gathered they were good guys. My relationship with the Lord is the most important thing in my life and I'm getting sick and tired of people using God as a business tool.

kaizen leader

"I applaud legal success."

And, therein lays the issue. When time after time this group shoots deer with a bow where they have almost no chance of keeping the deer on the property where they are LEGAL and no pre-done retrieval permission, it shows terrible ethics. You might think that they would learn from their mistakes, but, it hasn't seemed to change their mode of operations. Their goal is to kill the back yard pet with a lot of bone on its head, and to heck with legally getting him retrieved.

ZERO envy and jealousy on my part. The back yard pets need to be killed to keep down a lot of the problems they cause in urban settings. But, it needs to be done legally and ethically. That doesn't seem to be their goal.

But, he got another nice grip and grin!
I observed 5 does spread out in out small 8 acre community yesterday they each had 2 fawns with them. Way too many deer here. I'll try to eat a couple by discreetly harvesting. Some will get hit by cars I'm sure. They will probably taste like flowers. 😂

Iglow

This whole urban hunting deal is really a ticking time bomb. In the beginning it was like "huh ,that's different" but they are becoming visible now, and after this little stunt, in a bad way. I don't know what these guys do for a living or maybe this is it but if the wrong people get a whiff of this, that pic of a stuck deer on a river bank can go world wide in hours. It's only because they have remained out of the spotlight of society that they haven't been ruined professionally. ( think the dentist and the lion).

We all know full well how screwed up, PETAized and cancel happy urban areas of this country are now, eventually one of these stuck bucks is gonna be flopping pitifully in some yard and the whole deal is gonna be caught on camera, then the Seek One crew is gonna be crucified in the media. The animal rights bunch could choose to latch on to this type of thing and run with it.

Maybe if somebody did this neighborhood buck thing very low key and invisible, maybe they get away with it for a while but if you broadcast it to 9 billion people world wide it's a disaster looking for a place to happen that will affect all hunters.

If some nonhunter saw this crap and asked me about it, shooting deer that stand and stare when people are cutting their grass or having a cookout, as a hunter, I don't know how I could defend it even on a biological game management level,it's really indefensible.

Latest posts