The ROY smokes a bomber!!!

AlexDad

I observed 5 does spread out in out small 8 acre community yesterday they each had 2 fawns with them. Way too many deer here. I'll try to eat a couple by discreetly harvesting. Some will get hit by cars I'm sure. They will probably taste like flowers. 😂
Since my heart attack I try not to eat store bought beef. They shoot them full of so much crap I'm afraid I'll grow boobies. I do go to church with some people that have full fledged grass fed and me and my buddy by half a cow apiece about twice a year. Otherwise I try to get enough does to feed us for a year. My wife doesn't eat meat but my son and daughter do and my son is 21 so he's a bottomless pit.

We eat a LOT of meatloaf, chili, veg soup, tacos, meatballs, spaghetti sauce and hamburgers during the year. So hamburger meat is top priority at my house. So when I process I keep the tenderloins and back straps and then use the rest as high a quality burger meat we can make. I don't add any other animal fat to my burger either.

TRHC

I mean i heard it directly from the guy that saw the deer swimming with his own eyes and called roy. As bad as the shot was, i would be surprised if the deer only went 300 yards

If you'll listen to the podcast, Lee himself says the person who called was NOT the guy who saw the deer. It was a friend of a friend kind of thing. Second, the deer did not go a mile and then swim the river. He clearly said it went maybe 300 yards from the shot. And it was on the same side of the river as he shot it on. Sounds like your pal is embellishing the story a little. That's exactly what seek one wants. A story that gets better and better each time it's told.

AlexDad

This whole urban hunting deal is really a ticking time bomb. In the beginning it was like "huh ,that's different" but they are becoming visible now, and after this little stunt, in a bad way. I don't know what these guys do for a living or maybe this is it but if the wrong people get a whiff of this, that pic of a stuck deer on a river bank can go world wide in hours. It's only because they have remained out of the spotlight of society that they haven't been ruined professionally. ( think the dentist and the lion).

We all know full well how screwed up, PETAized and cancel happy urban areas of this country are now, eventually one of these stuck bucks is gonna be flopping pitifully in some yard and the whole deal is gonna be caught on camera, then the Seek One crew is gonna be crucified in the media. The animal rights bunch could choose to latch on to this type of thing and run with it.

Maybe if somebody did this neighborhood buck thing very low key and invisible, maybe they get away with it for a while but if you broadcast it to 9 billion people world wide it's a disaster looking for a place to happen that will affect all hunters.

If some nonhunter saw this crap and asked me about it, shooting deer that stand and stare when people are cutting their grass or having a cookout, as a hunter, I don't know how I could defend it even on a biological game management level,it's really indefensible.
I've watched my share of hunting shows throughout my life but the older I get I'm starting to wonder why everyone can't hunt lowkey. I didn't film my son's first hunt, took lots of pics though. We didn't have the camera options we have now but the pics or if I had filmed it would've been private for just us. I've never filmed one of my hunts and of all the deer I've shot only took a pic of two of them.

knightrider

If you'll listen to the podcast, Lee himself says the person who called was NOT the guy who saw the deer. It was a friend of a friend kind of thing. Second, the deer did not go a mile and then swim the river. He clearly said it went maybe 300 yards from the shot. And it was on the same side of the river as he shot it on. Sounds like your pal is embellishing the story a little. That's exactly what seek one wants. A story that gets better and better each time it's told.
He clearly said 😂😂😂😂 im sure he is a trustworthy fella since he has showed so many of his recoveries

Andy S.

I highly doubt that killing these deer is near as hard as they make it out to be.
I never implied it was. Generally speaking, urban/city/yard deer that I have encountered are very accustom to human interaction, are not nocturnal, are not on high alert, do not pay much attention to human scent and have very limited scopes of woodlots to walk through (compared to big hardwoods), thus narrowing down the guessing game of where they have to walk. That has been my experience over the years. A far cry from killing a mature buck at LBL, Cherokee NF, etc. Yard turkeys are about the same from my experiences over last 20 years. Add in cellular cameras and smartphones and the playing field becomes more unlevel. My .02

Last edited:

SinningSaint33

I'll be completely transparent and honest, this and $8 might get you a cup of coffee now days and ultimately some of you will agree with me and some will not. I don't watch a ton of the YT hunters but SeekOne and THP were in my rotation. When THP got in bed with Ranch Fairy I was done. This little debacle with SeekOne has done it for me. To be fair if I watched them more I may have dropped them earlier but just didn't watch enough to notice anything.

First off as far as the Urban hunting thing goes, if it's legal and you have permission to retrieve on the surrounding properties I have no problem. People calling the deer "pets" doesn't sway me either. I personally never shot a buck but try to get 6-7 doe for a year's meat. If I had an urban spot with a bunch of doe, I wouldn't care if the lady of the house came out and breast fed them twice a day. I would use the info and pattern to plug one.

I don't care for this guy's "Tennessee redneck" comment. If you don't like us, go home and shoot your deer. I know every bowhunter can unintentionally make a bad shot. When it becomes a pattern and getting the camera shot is more important than the ethical shot I have a problem. Ultimately I believe this is all that camera hunting breeds.

People have made comments about them shooting the Morrell dice target in the back yard and it being residential behind them. I somehow 100% missed what their back drop was because all I could see and comprehend was how crappy they shot. 20-40yds tops and they couldn't hit a 2-3" dot?

If you'll notice, take Jeff Cordero, Whitetail Fit, ElkShape, even Chris Bee and those type and they shoot ALL year, go to 3D and Tac events and get to know their bows. I know shooting at stationary foam is not shooting at a live animal but you can't argue the practice and reps doesn't help when the real thing comes along. When SeekOne switched to Mathews and they were going to shoot one of them made the comment, "I haven't shot in over a month."

I know life happens but if you've spent years shooting all year long and you can't shoot for a month it's much different than barely shooting and trying to cram at the last minute. No matter how you hunt, you should be proficient with your weapon. You can accidentally make a bad shot, things happen. A twig you didn't see, misread a range finder, etc. I'm a firm believer that people don't accidentally make bad decisions, you either have it or you don't.

I gave SeekOne a bit of rope because from the limited videos I'd seen they made religious references and I gathered they were good guys. My relationship with the Lord is the most important thing in my life and I'm getting sick and tired of people using God as a business tool.
What's wrong with Ranch Fairy?

HoytDawg

I've listened to the podcast. I'm going to trust my friend, who saw the deer with his own eyes, and had no reason to embellish or change the story with me. I myself watched my friends cell phone video of the deer swimming from one side of the river to the other, so unless it crossed it twice, idk what to say about that.

Hduke86

B56F717D-D21C-48B1-A4FC-C69FD7AB70F2.jpeg
Found their "hit list" buck Toby for next year. I'm starting to pray for Toby now…. #dontkillToby #hesmybestfriend

Hawk103161

Trespassing is wrong, period.
If you only have one acre to hunt you don't need to bowhunt, period.
JMHO.
my house sits on 2 acres adjoining a 14 acre farm I usta own with woods and houses around. I've taken 6 deer here over 20 years. been a deer/animal crossing for a long time. Only 1 has made it off this place and it was 15 yards across the fence. 1 bow, 4 muzzleloader, and 1 30-06. That 30-06 shot was from the barn stall and it RANG my friggin ears bad. I have a treestand in the bottom acre that's been there for a while. My muzzleloader stays on the dinning room table the entire season. No one has complained yet except for my girl and that's at the end of the season telling me it's time to put the gun away. 1 shot 1 kill

AlexDad

What's wrong with Ranch Fairy?
First off he's full of crap. He also makes that "I'm a genius face. I'm about to say something incredibly ignorant but since I made this face you'll believe me." Another thing he does is that forced, fake hysterical laugh after each statement. I hate those smirks he makes and he has the most punchable face I've ever seen.

He hunts pigs over bait at 15yds yet puts out videos for the PERFECT deer arrow and PERFECT elk arrow. He admitted on the Dudley podcast he hasn't shot a deer since 2008 and it was with a gun and he's never elk hunted in his life. I don't care about hunting pigs over bait if it's legal but he needs to stay in his lane.

His cover page describes him as "YouTubes only Bowhunting Researcher" and "The Global Authority on Arrow Effectiveness" He flat out admitted he knows nothing about tuning, etc. He preaches Adult Arrows and Bone Breaking arrows and so forth. How about learn some form, learn to shoot and don't aim for the shoulder. Everything he does is a band aid for not know what he's doing.

Everyone has that one guy they'd like to meet in a dark alley, he's mine. He's done more to hurt bow hunting in the last three years than CWD. I could write a two page rant on that idiot.

I generally have an issue with anyone that says my way is the only way and all the actual experts out there are wrong. Forget that so many hunters have blown thru deer with 400g arrows. Ashbys study was with a trad bow and OLD compounds. In his study he quit using a compound because it was messing him up with too much penetration.

Has anyone seen how much the compound bow had advanced in the last 20 years?

Bottom line is 6-8 years ago Ashby was looking for influencers to push his study. All the big names turned their nose up and knew better and didn't need him. RF on the other hand had no talent or knowledge so that was the only schtick he could cling to. Watch the recent podcast with RF and Dudley. When you tick Dudley off you've accomplished something.

Latest posts