Tennessee vs Georgia

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm a DAWGS fan, but I try to be level headed and give credit where it's due. UT is better than AU from what I have seen so far, and are far tougher in the trenches. UT definitely has a better O line and run game, and always has some good WRs. UT also has some really good pieces on defense, but they are still trying to rebuild talent and depth from the Butch Jones exodus.

UGA is still trying to figure a few things out on offense, but are really good when they are clicking. I'm still not 100% convinced that SB IV is the long term answer at QB, but I hope that he proves me wrong , and he is definitely better than Mathis. I don't like Mathis' body language at all. D is really good, with lots of talent and depth.

It oughta be a good, tough game. Home field advantage is not nearly as advantageous this year due to limited capacity, but UGA had some strategic placement of fans yesterday that made things seem fuller and louder than the attendance would have suggested. There's also the possibility of UGA looking ahead to the next game, but I really hope that they are focused on the task at hand and play a strong 4 quarters. They haven't figured out how to do that against Bama yet for sure.

PillsburyDoughboy

Both teams are lopsided.

Georgia is stronger on Defense and weaker on offense

While the vols are stronger on offense and weaker on defense.

What does this all mean ??

A real sloppy game .

IMHO Kirby being the seasoned coach he is will figure it out and find ways to exploit vols weakness and gain momentum with Georgia's strength and overcome by 2-3 touchdowns .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckaroo

Georgia looked really good against Auburn, I think Georgia may edge us out, but may be a bit of a dogfight. Georgia looks like the team to beat this year

PillsburyDoughboy

buckaroo":2f5egpjn said:
Georgia looked really good against Auburn, I think Georgia may edge us out, but may be a bit of a dogfight. Georgia looks like the team to beat this year
auburn is trash though.

Grandslam11

I think Vols secondary loses the game for them this year giving up big plays. I see George Pickens having a big game against the Vols. Weather could be a big factor if the rain sets in. It might actually require the Vols to depend on the run game a little more. To me, UGA just has too much experience at this point. The Vols are improving, no doubt, but I don't see this year being the year they beat a UGA of UF. I hope I am wrong. 35-24 UGA

cbhunter

Grandslam11":17yrl10t said:
I think Vols secondary loses the game for them this year giving up big plays. I see George Pickens having a big game against the Vols. Weather could be a big factor if the rain sets in. It might actually require the Vols to depend on the run game a little more. To me, UGA just has too much experience at this point. The Vols are improving, no doubt, but I don't see this year being the year they beat a UGA of UF. I hope I am wrong. 35-24 UGA

Great honest assessment that I actually agree with.

wayne

Grandslam11":2mmopq8q said:
You think the score will be that high? The o/u is 42.5.
I was thinking more like 24-17.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

gobblegrunt

cbhunter":32g5ha9e said:
Grandslam11":32g5ha9e said:

I don't understand why our secondary is struggling the way it is.

wayne

gobblegrunt":l3u9cznx said:
cbhunter":l3u9cznx said:
Grandslam11":l3u9cznx said:

Getting Shamburger back should help, but if they don't start getting some push up front it won't really matter. Hopefully Solomon and Middleton are in better game shape.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

cbhunter

gobblegrunt":2rwi7fud said:
cbhunter":2rwi7fud said:
Grandslam11":2rwi7fud said:

I don't either honestly but Wayne makes a good point with our DLine. Them guys have been rough to watch the last two years. We need to more push! We also need more pressure on the qb on a consistent basis. We do have a lot of younger guys that I feel will really improve next year.

Gravey

gobblegrunt":2x4egb2s said:
cbhunter":2x4egb2s said:
Grandslam11":2x4egb2s said:

They are the Achilles heel of this team so far. Georgia will be tough to beat in Athens but anything can happen. GBO!

Displaced_Vol

Figure low & close, in big part due to weather.
I think GA's defense is dominant and as good as our O-line/ run game can be, they have incredible depth and that will eventually win out late in the game. I imagine Chaney will take a couple deep shots early and if we can somehow connect on one of those, keep ourselves within striking distance then we'll have a shot at the end. Never can tell what will happen with weather, inexperienced QBs, COVID & COVID crowds, etc.
UT will have to catch a couple breaks and make our own along the way if we want to win.
Still think GAs depth on defense will be the deciding factor.
If I had to pick it I'd say something like 20-10 Georgia.

Displaced_Vol

Got a gift GA's opening possession.
Deandre Johnson's ejection was BS. Did not look that bad at all in real time, I think he stumbled down as much as he lowered his helmet.
I've actually been impressed with JG avoiding sacks. Not necessarily making big plays but he's avoiding rushes and turning them into 1-3 yard positive plays, or more importantly not making a disastrous decision.

Displaced_Vol

Grandslam11":hvmtpptf said:
Penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty. We are killing ourselves. Stupid target by Johnson. I would have called that too. There was no need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penalties are killing us.
Maybe I can get on board with roughing the passer but targeting with an ejection, come on?
Needed that last TD. Big play by Palmer

Edit to add weather does not seem to be near as big a factor as I thought

Latest posts