TENNESSEE vs. alabama line

cbhunter

Alabama has not had a total of -33 yards in the first half of any recent game, for sure not last week against Arkansas when Alabama scored 21 points.

It's not clear what you are saying, "Bama had -33 yds at halftime last week, we just put 232 yds"
Not sure what it was after first half but it was 23 total rushing yards for the game which is what I believe he was referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.png
    IMG_0572.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 33

Bamamonts

Bama has not played great all year. They don't pass consistently and can't run consistently. The Oline will lockdown one play and give up a sack on the next play. Milroe is getting better but he is far from where he needs to be. The defense is the strength of the team and has played good most of the time. They have stop the stupid mistakes and execute better. I look for it to be a close game and can go either way.

Crow Terminator

Bama has not played great all year. They don't pass consistently and can't run consistently. The Oline will lockdown one play and give up a sack on the next play. Milroe is getting better but he is far from where he needs to be. The defense is the strength of the team and has played good most of the time. They have stop the stupid mistakes and execute better. I look for it to be a close game and can go either way.
Agreed.

I would like to see a new game between them when both teams were VERY good and at their peak. Instead, over the years it has always been when one team was very good and the other, not so much. This is probably the closest to a good match up between both teams that we've seen in a while....even though neither one is very good or elite.

Spurhunter

Maybe it's my BVS kicking in, but I'm not optimistic. Milroe has been improving throughout the season. If he gets protection I think he'll light our secondary up. I doubt our O line gives Milton any time to throw. I think those 2 matchups determine the game. Milroe vs. Tennessee secondary and Tennessee O line vs. Gump pass rush.

buckaroo

Alabama has not had a total of -33 yards in the first half of any recent game, for sure not last week against Arkansas when Alabama scored 21 points.

It's not clear what you are saying, "Bama had -33 yds at halftime last week, we just put 232 yds"
I just remember at haftime thats what the announcers said

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Talking to @cbhunter about this the other day.

Here are my thoughts on this game, which are pretty much useless.
I don't get upset about football and it plays a very small role in my life.
So I don't really care either way.

Tennessee's quarterback is not very good.
Alabama's quarterback isn't a whole lot better.

TN has been running the ball pretty darn good.
AL offensive line isn't all that great at stopping the run or protecting the quarterback.
If TN can get to the AL quarterback that will be a big help for them.
TN couldn't cover or tackle my sister, haven't been able to in the 40 years I been watching them.

In a nutshell, I believe, which ever quarterback plays less awful that team will win the game.

If I had to bet on this game I would have to lean towards AL due to it being a home game for them.
I could see it going either way though.

Spurhunter

In a nutshell, I believe, which ever quarterback plays less awful that team will win the game.
I had this thought as well. Milroe has been better to this point, however Milton has been pretty good at not turning the ball over so that's a big plus. Some of Milton's trouble is that our offensive line couldn't keep a small girl scout troop from getting to the QB. If they didn't improve over the bye week I don't see them improving this week.

7mm08

Joe Milton will have an Orange Bowl performance and will pass for over 400 yards on the hapless gumps! TN by 17! Coach Saban's hair dye will catch fire by the 4th quarter he will be so upset. And 5000 cousins dressed in red will file for divorce by the end of the game !

BTW…. Anybody know what day of the week Santa Claus comes this year?

1697459244566.jpeg

PalsPal

Talking to @cbhunter about this the other day.

Here are my thoughts on this game, which are pretty much useless.
I don't get upset about football and it plays a very small role in my life.
So I don't really care either way.

Tennessee's quarterback is not very good.
Alabama's quarterback isn't a whole lot better.

If I had to bet on this game I would have to lean towards AL due to it being a home game for them.
I could see it going either way though.

Less awful, I like that 😁!

The home crowd will be jacked and will give TN problems.

BUT, IF TN could jump out to a lead, the crowd could turn and actually be a detriment to Bama.

Hoping for a good game and the refs doing a somewhat respectable job (I know, I know).

chris1976

Maybe it's my BVS kicking in, but I'm not optimistic. Milroe has been improving throughout the season. If he gets protection I think he'll light our secondary up. I doubt our O line gives Milton any time to throw. I think those 2 matchups determine the game. Milroe vs. Tennessee secondary and Tennessee O line vs. Gump pass rush.
Secondary showing lots of improvement. Oline looks like it's functioning as a unit. Running backs are on fire. Joe is Joe. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Spurhunter

Secondary showing lots of improvement. Oline looks like it's functioning as a unit. Running backs are on fire. Joe is Joe. Gonna be interesting for sure.
I know the A&M pass rush is supposed to be elite, but our O line wasn't slowing them down much at all. Milton was running for his life a lot. The run game is really good though.

bowhunterfanatic

I know the A&M pass rush is supposed to be elite, but our O line wasn't slowing them down much at all. Milton was running for his life a lot. The run game is really good though.
I thought the pass blocking this past week was the best we've seen. That's not to say it was good, but that considering the opponent it was much better. Some of the issue was receivers not getting separation, but Joe also missed some open guys and was really late on a couple of throws. Cooper has made a tremendous difference.

Spurhunter

I thought the pass blocking this past week was the best we've seen. That's not to say it was good, but that considering the opponent it was much better. Some of the issue was receivers not getting separation, but Joe also missed some open guys and was really late on a couple of throws. Cooper has made a tremendous difference.
I will look at that more closely when I rewatch the game. Typically I watch on Saturday while enjoying cold beer and good food and just having a good time. Then I watch again during the week and see what I missed, what they did well, didn't do well, etc. I hope you are right about the O line. Milton could be so much better if he had a few seconds before he's flushed out of the pocket.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Alabama's run game would be pretty good if teams had to worry about the quarterback making decent throws. Teams load up the box and dare him to beat them. A good running game is always nice to have; maybe even more so with the new clock rules.

Latest posts