Tennessee/Alabama

REN

Bama would have likely won even if the game were called correctly but it does not change the fact that the game was miscalled. The head ref is a resident of Tuscaloosa, sales real estate there and on his Facebook page his grandkid has on an Alabama shirt. That is also facts.

And one more cause you peaked my interest so I wanted to check those "facts"

Seems it's pretty easy to find that rumor that the ref is an agent in Alabama is totally false lol. The ref Len Williams lives in Tampa and doesn't look anything like the "agent" in bama. So please check your "facts" before claiming them as such

I did look it up. Just like anything else, i can only go by what i see and find. Regardless the reffing did not cost tennessee but the reffing was crap. They should be fired. Congrats to Bama for making adjustments and winning the second half.

cbhunter

I see it all the time with fans blaming refs, but the most I see doing it are TN fans. I root against TN in everything because of their obnoxious fan base. I have some friends and people I know that have some sense about it and don't blame refs and aren't naive that TN isn't a playoff contender. But I know lots that have always blamed the officials when they lose and having to hear "wait til next year" and "we're rebuilding" for the past 20 plus years. All the excuses make me want to see them lose every game. But hey the fans are happy with a bowl game every year so they are happy being mediocre.
It must be tough being a wildcat fan. You're next 😝

Little wager this year? You get us on your home turf

REN

I did look it up. Just like anything else, i can only go by what i see and find. Regardless the reffing did not cost tennessee but the reffing was crap. They should be fired. Congrats to Bama for making adjustments and winning the second half.

Then you didn't look it up, it's pretty easy to find it's not the same guy but that ruins some wild conspiracy theory floating out there.

I will agree there were definitely some missed calls in that game

I thought you said his name was Len? Which is it?

That's my fault. Was driving and typing (I know, a no no but was at a red light lol) and didn't notice it auto corrected to something totally different

REN

also found this. Hahah I bet that guy hates football season

From FaceBook:
quote:

So my dad gets angry calls/messages every year during football season because people think he is Ken Williamson, the college football referee. I guess they Google him and find his contact information. My dad gets a chuckle out of it, but this year I've had enough of sore loser Tennessee fans spreading false information on social media and everywhere else…

Sorry your team lost, guys. But how can a football referee who resides in Tampa, Florida also live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama as a real estate associate? I know this is difficult to understand, so think really hard and maybe it will make sense.

These are two totally different men who don't even know each other. They just happen to have the same name. I should know, the real estate dude is my dad, who hasn't been to a Bama game in decades

I realize you want there to be a referee conflict of interest so you can feel better about your loss tonight, but you're just going to have to accept defeat and move on. Thank y'all for reminding us why some of y'all make up such a delightful fan base. Stay classy, Tennessee and Roll Tide .

*** My apologies to my sweet friends and family who happen to be Tennessee fans - this message is not intended for you!

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
And to be clear I'm not saying there were not missed calls or bad calls. There are in every game. I can find holding calls on TN that were not called or shots to the head but in the end what does it matter. There will ALWAYS be missed or bad calls it's been that way for 100yrs.

And to also add it seems people were totally fine with missed calls last year when it went a different direction but then call foul when it seems it wasn't as favorable this time. Can't have it both ways
I was talking to an Alabama fan about this yesterday. I hope he remembers what I said (the same thing you say here) but I have my doubts. He went on and on about how refs always miss calls both ways, but then but there was this time and this time when they missed a call that cost Alabama a game. This phenomenon is not relegated to just one team, but is rampant among them all. Well, UK basketball fans are the worst.

JBell

And didn't you know the head referee is the only one with a flag. The other refs on the field have to do what he says…….🤦🏻‍♂️

bowhunterfanatic

Bama played great in the second half. We apparently forgot there was a second half. The officials were beyond awful but that's more the norm than an aberration. Missing calls is one thing, but it definitely stings more when the missed calls result in big point swings like we saw yesterday. And yes Bama fans, you definitely were on the wrong side of some awful calls last year. Just didn't quite seem as lopsided.

volboy

SEC Player of the Week 🤣 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231022-191505_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231022-191505_Samsung Internet.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 15

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Bama would have likely won even if the game were called correctly but it does not change the fact that the game was miscalled. The head ref is a resident of Tuscaloosa, sales real estate there and on his Facebook page his grandkid has on an Alabama shirt. That is also facts.
Thats my position, TN might not have won but when the calls are one sided to the point that it seems obvious they are calling in favor of one team... Its frustrating

SinningSaint33

I see it all the time with fans blaming refs, but the most I see doing it are TN fans. I root against TN in everything because of their obnoxious fan base. I have some friends and people I know that have some sense about it and don't blame refs and aren't naive that TN isn't a playoff contender. But I know lots that have always blamed the officials when they lose and having to hear "wait til next year" and "we're rebuilding" for the past 20 plus years. All the excuses make me want to see them lose every game. But hey the fans are happy with a bowl game every year so they are happy being mediocre.
You and I would probably get along. Vol football fans are the absolute worst.

tnanh

Great post.

encore06

I was talking to an Alabama fan about this yesterday. I hope he remembers what I said (the same thing you say here) but I have my doubts. He went on and on about how refs always miss calls both ways, but then but there was this time and this time when they missed a call that cost Alabama a game. This phenomenon is not relegated to just one team, but is rampant among them all. Well, UK basketball fans are the worst.
Look in the mirror!!!!

PillsburyDoughboy

Sorry if this question has not been asked but. How many days has it been since the volturds beat the Glorious ALABAMA Crimson Tide ?

Asking for a friend

prstide

That's not accurate but merely an internet myth.

PillsburyDoughboy

Watched the entire game. I felt like ALABAMA thenfirst half was throwing everything they had in the book on offense to see what was working and was not working.

When they came out in the 3rd quarter ALABAMA was a entirely different team on offense. You Could sense and see it on the initial drives. NICK Saban and ALABAMA made the course corrections at halftime to win the game. These are the facts ! Refs played little if no part in the final score.

Latest posts