Georgia vs FSU

Biggun4214

Like it or not the BCS had less human and more analytical input. In reality the playoffs should be based on something more like the BCS. But should have more than 4 teams.

Trey13

FSU would be fielding a different team if this was a playoff game. Lots of opt outs after the qb injury, and then the other qb transferring. This should in no way be seen as justification for Alabama fans
It would have been the same outcome with their backup. UGA would beat them by 25 with Jordan Travis as their qb

JBell

FSU players opted out as a scape goat. Kirby probably has more nfl bound players on his roster and they came to play. Exactly why they got left out.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
It would have been the same outcome with their backup. UGA would beat them by 25 with Jordan Travis as their qb
I agree that UGA was a better team than FSU before the opt outs, but I also feel that UGA was better than Washington and Texas. I saidcwhen it happened that UGA should have won the SECCG and not left this in a committee's hands. The committee used a menagerie of criteria for their selections this year, including some that they'd never used before. I'm not saying that I envied the choices they had to make, but I don't think that one bowl game justifies anything about another team or bowl game.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Come on. Not a UGA or Bama fan and I wanted FSU in the CFP but very few people actually believed they were 1 of the 4 best teams. They earned a spot BUT we all knew this would happen.
This is how I think about it. I got to see FSU four times this season and I never thought they were one of the top 10 teams much less top four, BUT they did earn their spot in the playoffs whereas Alabama did not. The Championship is NOT about crowning the best team in college football or really any sport.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I agree that UGA was a better team than FSU before the opt outs, but I also feel that UGA was better than Washington and Texas. I saidcwhen it happened that UGA should have won the SECCG and not left this in a committee's hands. The committee used a menagerie of criteria for their selections this year, including some that they'd never used before. I'm not saying that I envied the choices they had to make, but I don't think that one bowl game justifies anything about another team or bowl game.
And UGA is also better than Alabama as well in my opinion, even though they lost to them.

SC Manimal

This is how I think about it. I got to see FSU four times this season and I never thought they were one of the top 10 teams much less top four, BUT they did earn their spot in the playoffs whereas Alabama did not. The Championship is NOT about crowning the best team in college football or really any sport.
100% agree. I just hate the committee has different criteria every year. Very few people thought FSU could hang with UGA, Bama, or Mich but Power 5 championships and being undefeated are normally the 2 "gold standards." It seemed like they changed the standard to get Bama in, even if they're head and shoulders better. I guess what I'm saying is, if it's the 4 best teams no way, but body of work they should've been in.

Bamamonts

I'm not saying they got the rankings right and I know it sucks for FSU but they were not one of the 4 best teams. The job of the committee is to put in the 4 best teams. Having a player get injured is also a factor of how they rank teams. I hate it for FSU but that's the current system. I think Georgia got screwed more than anybody but they also should have won the game they were favored to win.
I think the committee was ranking the teams by the way they thought future games would turn out. That's why Oregon was ranked above Texas and Bama. I also think they left FSU at 4 to give them the benefit of the doubt. They did not play well and lost their ranking. JMHO

PillsburyDoughboy

Come on. Not a UGA or Bama fan and I wanted FSU in the CFP but very few people actually believed they were 1 of the 4 best teams. They earned a spot BUT we all knew this would happen.
Exactly

Georgia plays FSU as a top 4 and top 4 team and same scenario.

Rinse and repeat.
Either way FSU was NEVER winning a national championship

buckaroo

They knew the first string QB was out and the backup was questionable. As far as opt-outs and transfers, every team is in that position these days, not just FSU.

I question how solid of a team FSU ever was this year with so many opt-outs and transfers.
20 starters were out, not like every other team

PillsburyDoughboy

I'm in PCB on vacation and not got to watch any football. Not that I would watch any bowl games but I had thought at least tuning into this game. Sitting in Oyster bar eating my fill with the game in the background and its about what we expected.

deerhunter10

Regardless of any of what yal said. That was absolutely embarrassing. 63 to 3 should never happen p5 vs p5 in a new year 6 bowl game. I expected Georgia to win but not like that.

Latest posts